Want to go See PlantPure Nation with me in Los Angeles?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Want to go See PlantPure Nation with me in Los Angeles?

Postby nicoles » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:41 am

It's playing at the Hollywood Arclight Theatre on Thursday July 2nd, and Thursday July 9th, both at 7pm. I'm going to one! Anyone want to join me(and possibly my husband)?
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Re: Want to go See PlantPure Nation with me in Los Angeles?

Postby CarlaJ » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:28 am

New to this site and to this plan, and I would love to join you on either date!
CarlaJ

Postby healthyvegan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:39 am

happy to see other McDougallers in LA! We should all get together! Have either of you ever tried the Macro Bowl at Inaka? http://www.inakanaturalfoods.com they do an entire oil-free vegan selection! Soup, too!
mrmrsvegan.com free whole starch low fat cookbook #wslf
healthyvegan

Postby nicoles » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:20 am

CarlaJ wrote:New to this site and to this plan, and I would love to join you on either date!

Yay CarlaJ, let's do it!! Either date? Any preference? They both work well for me too, lol!

My Journal
nicoles

Postby nicoles » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:24 am

Hey Healthyvegan! Yes!! We should all get together!!

I did not know about Inaka, thanks! So funny, I used to live right by there! Not very observant if me. That would be a great place to meet!

My Journal
nicoles

Postby docscience » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:27 am

I think that this is a schedule of screenings for "plantpure nation"
http://plantpurenation.com/the-film/

I really HATE my profile picture, but it reminds me to watch my eating. For me, that is a good motivator.
MyTest results viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39555
5'8" , started- sept. 2013 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
docscience

Postby CarlaJ » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:14 pm

NicoleS - let's plan on the 2nd then, looks like there are plenty of seats available (thanks for the link, DocScience)! I am not authorized yet to send a private message on this Board, so I just "liked" your Facebook page -- I think we can use Messenger from there to coordinate.

HealthyVegan - thanks for the restaurant tip and keep them coming! Would be great to get together -- are you available to see PlantPure Nation?

Best,
Carla
CarlaJ

Postby f1jim » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:12 pm

We had a nice turnout of our local group for the San Francisco showing. Ended up having dinner in the same restaurant as The Campbells and the film people. It was a wonderful evening.
I encourage everyone to connect to McDougallers near them. It let's you know you aren't the only "weirdo" around you and it makes for some great shared experiences. If I were anywhere close I would be there.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Plumerias » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:24 pm

f1jim wrote:We had a nice turnout of our local group for the San Francisco showing. Ended up having dinner in the same restaurant as The Campbells and the film people. It was a wonderful evening.
I encourage everyone to connect to McDougallers near them. It let's you know you aren't the only "weirdo" around you and it makes for some great shared experiences. If I were anywhere close I would be there.
f1jim

Did anyone from your group do a review? (Maybe I missed it as we've had little connectivity for two weeks.)
Plumerias

Postby f1jim » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:29 pm

I don't think so but it was fun seeing the movie in a semi edited format. It had yet to be edited down to it's release length.
The big thing was the grass roots movement they are going to try to build around the movie. They took anyones email address that wanted to pursue the movement. I am anxious about what they will attempt as the movie rolls out.
I did have a few good conversations with T. Colin Campbell and his son at the event ans they got lot's of feedback after the event.
Definitely go and put your hat in the ring. They know the way around the lobbying and legislative circus is a grass roots upswell of people all demanding changes.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Plumerias » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:49 pm

Well, I see that it is showing in Portland, Oregon next month, four showings. I think we'll probably go, as we are to arrive there tomorrow.
Plumerias

Postby healthyvegan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:29 am

Carla, we saw it on opening night. Its OK, was expecting more of a health/dr side vs legislative. Interesting none the less.

I have a pretty good healthy eating guide for Los Angeles. Maybe we should start an LA EatUp thread and go over the restaurant options & see how many people we can get together?
mrmrsvegan.com free whole starch low fat cookbook #wslf
healthyvegan

Postby nicoles » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:14 pm

CarlaJ wrote:NicoleS - let's plan on the 2nd then, looks like there are plenty of seats available (thanks for the link, DocScience)! I am not authorized yet to send a private message on this Board, so I just "liked" your Facebook page -- I think we can use Messenger from there to coordinate.

HealthyVegan - thanks for the restaurant tip and keep them coming! Would be great to get together -- are you available to see PlantPure Nation?

Best,
Carla

Hey Carla!

OK cool! Let's do it!

Did you try to message me on FB? I did not get it yet.

My Journal
nicoles

Postby nicoles » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:39 am

OK! I am going to tonight, July 2nd's, screening at the Hollywood Arclight in LA at 7 pm. If anyone wants to meet there, I'll be there about 20 minutes early, hangin' around, looking suspicious :evil:

A couple of other people said they'd meet up too. All welcome! :D message me here or on my FB page below if you don't want to announce to the world your whereabouts.

My Journal
nicoles

Return to The Lounge