Product recommendation: little elliptical trainer

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Product recommendation: little elliptical trainer

Postby ETeSelle » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:41 am

Bells wrote:Estelle could you tell me if this causes much friction on your feet? I have eczema on my soles and had to stop using my treadmill due to the friction making it so much worse. I like equipment that lets me zone out while exercising - it's the only way I am consistent. This little thing looks pretty ideal for me.

It's ETeSelle, not "Estelle." :)

I don't notice friction, but then, I don't have that problem. I often do it barefoot and like the "massage" of the tread on the pedals.
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby Bells » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:25 pm

ETeSelle, of course, sorry about that! :oops:

I got mine yesterday. I actually got the all black model. It is great! I could see someone with a long stride maybe not liking it, but I am 5'1'. There is little, if any, friction on my feet so this will be good. Really quiet and easy to jump on it several times a day for mini workouts. I think this will do when my feet are bad.

Thanks for the recommendation!
“since the thing perhaps is to eat flowers and not to be afraid”
-e.e. cummings
Bells

Postby dteresa » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:28 pm

ltldogg, as per your recommendation I bought the same exercise bike, sight unseen from amazon, which I usually don't do. I managed to get it up my apartment steps and also put it together myself. Very easy assembly. I have to wear sneakers to ride it otherwise my legs are too short to pedal comfortably and I am 5'5". I also think the seat is uncomfortable and am going to try a gel pad or sheepskin cover. I think it may be uncomfortable because the handlebars are too far from the seat and I have to bend over to reach them, unlike the bikes at my gym where I can sit up straight. Also the seat is tilted ever so slightly up in the front and nothing can be done about that. If it were straighter it might be more comfortable.

The bike got excellent reviews on amazon. It suits my purpose fine which is not to get all my exercise on the bike as I prefer walking but to do about five minutes at a time, possibly more if I get more comfortable on the seat, while I am in the house, at the computer or watching netflix, in order to avoid sitting for long periods. Despite being one hundred per cent compliant to this woe, my blood pressure is too high so I am upping exercise and am beginning to see some improvement.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have been wanting to buy an exercise bike but in the stores around here they are all to big for my small apartment. And this one wasn't terribly expensive either.

didi
dteresa

Previous

Return to The Lounge