McDougall intensive in May

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

McDougall intensive in May

Postby Committed » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:12 pm

Has anyone attended this program or is anyone planning on attending this May? I'm on the fence, leaning toward attending and I'm hoping for some info that will push me over the edge.
Committed

Re: McDougall intensive in May

Postby f1jim » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:07 pm

I have not attended one of these events but I have talked to at least a hundred that have gone and I've yet to find a single person that didn't think it was worth it. Everyone raves about the sheer knowledge and dietary information provided by Dr. McDougall and his crack staff. Whats special is it's not just general information for all but it's custom fit for you and your specific situation. I have been following this way of eating for almost 8 years and I still think about going. To have the people around you with that level of expertise is a lifetime moment.
Do it and tell us your experiences and evaluation of the process.
And if you have done it speak up here.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Re: McDougall intensive in May

Postby vgpedlr » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:24 pm

+1

What Jim said.

You can go it alone, as I have, and get results. But to be taught in person is truly priceless. The power of a community of like minded folk is amazing. You will never, ever regret it. I went to my first ASW recently, which is a far more eclectic crowd and had my mind completely blown open. It was amazing.

Get off the fence and go. Like Jim, I sometimes want to go, despite knowing all the info already, just for the experience.
vgpedlr

Return to The Lounge