Millenium Restaurant sendoff tonight.

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Millenium Restaurant sendoff tonight.

Postby f1jim » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:41 am

I'm really looking forward to our local McDougall group sending off the Millennium Restaurant into the sunset. We have 24 people that will be enjoying a meal prepared for us by chef Eric Tucker. Chef Tucker has been a guest at the Celebrity Chef events for Dr. McDougall in Santa Rosa and he is quite the creative master. Many of the attendees are forum members and I look forward to seeing some of you for the first time.
The relationship of the restaurant to Dr. McDougall is a long one. Star McDougaller Ann Wheat is one of the owners and it's been her choice as McDougalling lifestyle which has shaped the focus of the restaurant. It's a place that you could tell any server you were a McDougaller and they would make sure you are accommodated.
We are given a special room tonight and it should be a really terrific way to spend the evening. 24 people following this way of eating having a 100% compliant meal at one of San Francisco's top restaurants. Who would ever think we would see that day.
The event is now closed for attendees but thanks to those of you participating.
See you very soon.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Re: Millenium Restaurant sendoff tonight.

Postby Melinda » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:58 am

What fun - have an amazing time! :-D
Melinda

Postby f1jim » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:24 pm

Well the event is in the books and the Bay Area McDougallers said goodbye to the restaurant with this final meal. We were joined by the owners, Larry and Star McDougaller Ann Wheat. They were a blast and shared many memories of the restaurant and it's beginnings. We were given a menu with three McDougall compliant meals, salad, and dessert. Thanks to the 6 forum members that came as well as the usual Bay Area McDougall group. It was great to put more faces and voices to those posts here. It's not often you can get 24 like minded people together celebrating healthy food and a place to get it regularly. For 20 years the Wheats have been the guiding light for the restaurant and we are so appreciative of their 20 years of serving the healthy food community.
Thanks everyone for making this a very special night.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby bbq » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:12 pm

Over 600 backers already pledged over $100,000 and Eric's new restaurant in the East Bay will be good to go!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1607365272/millennium

If we reach 100k, we will host and invite all of our backers who pledged $150 and more to these two events:

1.A Sunny Sunday morning Cocktail Brunch "Open House" the Sunday before we open. Be the first to see the space and enjoy coffee, orange juice, pastries on our back patio!

2. A soft opening dinner before we open to the public! (You can bring a guest!!)

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=847958241913638&id=116630428379760

Such wonderful news and congrats to their great effort for our plant-based community.
bbq

Postby Melinda » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:20 am

The rest of us are really jealous!
Melinda

Postby dailycarbs » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:38 pm

If there are no pics, it didn't happen. :mrgreen:
dailycarbs

Postby Tim Bickel » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi McDougallers,

We were (3) of the lucky attendees at the Millennium Dinner last night. A big thank you to Terri and Jim for organizing a fantastic event in honor of the last days of Millennium S.F. Terri and Jim were excellent hosts--warm and friendly--as were all the "McDougaller's" in attendance--what fun! We hope to cross paths with Terri and Jim again soon. (Jim--maybe the S.F. World Vegetarian Festival this fall :nod:.

Thank you again,

Tim, Becky, and Carol
Last edited by Tim Bickel on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Bickel

Postby f1jim » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:49 pm

This is a true culinary experience with no ones health endangered! How many restaurants can you make that statement about?
I've always maintained if we could get all 13,600+ members together like this there would be zero confrontations here. We all got to learn a little bit about each other and taste the epitome of plant based eating in an environment of celebrating and sharing.
I am collecting pics and will have a collection for all to see as soon as I can assemble them and post them to photobucket.
The restaurant owners, three Star McDougallers, 24 motivated healthy eaters makes for an incredible night of gastronomy.
Makes me want to go back tonight!
f1jim
f1jim

Postby f1jim » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Here are my pics. I am sure others have some too.
This will give you a sample of what the night was like.

PS: I've pinched the pics of Lena and Cathlene and added them to the mix.

http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/f1jim ... m%20Dinner

f1jim
f1jim

Postby f1jim » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:02 am

For those interested here is the menu Chef Tucker prepared for us:

f1jim
f1jim

Postby vgpedlr » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Looks like a great time! I'm thoroughly jealous. But I raced the day before and I myself felt pretty "cooked" and the thought of driving in the City is like nails on a chalkboard. And my bus won't fit in parking garages anyway.

Glad you all had a good time with proof that great fancy "foodie" food can also be healthy. Who'd a thunk it?
vgpedlr

Postby f1jim » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:27 pm

Hey! You are a Northern Cal guy. We take care of our own. All you ever have to do is yell and someone would get you there. If you are from Pacifica we would carry you on our back! We like to think of Pacifica as our own little Northern Calif. blue zone, Loma Linda north. We don't take excuses for not being at one of our events.
Don't let it happen again!
f1jim
f1jim

Postby vgpedlr » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:08 pm

f1jim wrote:Hey! You are a Northern Cal guy. We take care of our own. All you ever have to do is yell and someone would get you there. If you are from Pacifica we would carry you on our back! We like to think of Pacifica as our own little Northern Calif. blue zone, Loma Linda north. We don't take excuses for not being at one of our events.
Don't let it happen again!
f1jim

Ha! Thanks for the good word. Speaking of which, I will be passing through Pacifica next month on an epic VW bus and racing adventure. So I will stop, probably at that Taco Bell on the beach and yell about the REAL James Brown.

The police might get involved, so it would probably be better to plan in advance. Are the Pacificans up for an April get together, and does someone have space to let me park my bus and pop the top? I'll make salsa. And tell dumb stories.
vgpedlr

Postby dteresa » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:11 am

thanks for posting the menu. I sent it to my son who claims he eats meat because he is a foodie, and asked him if the menu met his foodie standards. To tell you the truth, it seemed really foodie to me. For much of it I had no idea exactly what the food was. Puntarelle, pear dashi, Asian aromatics, Meyer lemon, Manteca beans, onion-stout sauce, epazote, chow chow, watermelon radish? I would have needed a translator to order.

didi
dteresa

Postby eXtremE » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:02 am

dteresa wrote:thanks for posting the menu. I sent it to my son who claims he eats meat because he is a foodie, and asked him if the menu met his foodie standards. To tell you the truth, it seemed really foodie to me. For much of it I had no idea exactly what the food was. Puntarelle, pear dashi, Asian aromatics, Meyer lemon, Manteca beans, onion-stout sauce, epazote, chow chow, watermelon radish? I would have needed a translator to order.

didi
LOL, true! I also wonder how expensive the food is? What about just keeping it simple, cheap, and basic?
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Next

Return to The Lounge