Totally Off Topic - anyone here ever experience this?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Totally Off Topic - anyone here ever experience this?

Postby patty » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am

eXtremE wrote:
@Patty, I wish I could be as loving and peaceful as you seem to be. Generally, I am a really kind, compassionate person but I think this girl saw that and just took advantage of me. Now, I don't even wanna be friends or talk to this person anymore b/c she lied to me. She told me at the end of each month, I will pay you back $150.00. Like didi said even if she did not have the $150.00, at least make some kind of an effort to pay me something or tell why you can't pay this month but she is not even calling me and telling me like we agreed. I am having to contact her.

Life is designed to disappoint so we look past where it is pointing. We can be totally Spiritual.. but when money enters the picture.. the whole scene changes:) The lover and the killer are One:) It is just hard luck, It is qualia.

That is what so great Dr. McDougall connecting the dots of food and money. And why there is so much resistance. Collectively our heart is changing. Two always goes back to One. Two knows suffering because it is always seeking One, which it already has. The individual, the "Me", is the ultimate addiction. It is a game of a apparent reality that rises and falls where we live in a two dimension reality. It is better to die in a living body, then wait till death. When dead in a living body or one that's not, there are no surprises or reason to panic:) So good for you.. 4000 is cheap:) you are still Healthy!!!

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby Skip » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:50 pm

Polonius:
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Hamlet Act 1, scene 3, 75–77
"The fundamental principle of ethics is reverence for life" Albert Schweitzer
Skip

Postby LaLanne2 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Small claims court??? No offense, but Americans' obsession with courts is bizarre, I've seen people take their family to court...
forget it, just move on with your life...

I've landed small amounts of money to people,$20s usually, 500 to a close friend from work. He returned the money no problem why wouldn't he? I don't understand people who paint everyone with the same brush and say "I've learned my lessons", what lesson is that, that you can't help a friend in need?

If this lady is not returning, she either can't return your money because she is still in a bad way and is depressed and embarrassed, or she was never your friend to begin with, in which case you showed bad judgement.
LaLanne2

Postby dynodan62 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:33 pm

[quote="LaLanne2"]Small claims court??? No offense, but Americans' obsession with courts is bizarre, I've seen people take their family to court...
forget it, just move on with your life...

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!
My estranged sister was broke/homeless, and persuaded me to purchase a real estate investment/house for her to live in. My only requirement was she should pay the upkeep expenses. Her idea of gratitude years later (after my finances faltered and I was forced to sell) was to become a squatter and refuse to move, even though she was flush by then. I had to waste many thousands on legal fees to get her evicted, and suffered a year of torture/distress/inconvenience in addition.
$4,000 is pin money by comparison.
dynodan62

Postby scooterpie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:50 pm

No I haven't experienced this. I've learned from other people making the mistake you've made. People like this woman aren't worth urinating on if you find them on fire. :duh:

Furthermore, run fast and far when she approaches. Don't take calls or respond in any way. Now, if she has a legitimate bill and you would like to help her, tell her you'll pay it directly. You can bet she won't go for this!

I actually sort of admire con artists like her. They can sleep well or use the drugs/alcohol they've bought with your cash and think nothing of it. Not to say they're not sick, but if they're of the borderline personality disordered variety of "sick," an entire lifetime is usually not enough for them to get out of denial of the disorder much less get treated successfully for it.

I wish you well!
scooterpie

Postby Lhawke » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:54 pm

Dear eXtremE,

I'm so sorry. There are all kinds of jerks out there...I'm sorry you did a good something good for someone else, and it returned to you badly. I hope you encounter other people worthy of your friendship.
Lhawke

Postby eXtremE » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:30 am

Thanks for all the helpful comments everyone. I have certainly learned my lesson. :-D

@ Lhawke, thanks!

@ dynodan62, wow!...your own sister....
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Postby eXtremE » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:36 am

Oh, @ nayasmom, thanks for your post....really helpful! :)
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Previous

Return to The Lounge