Atrial Fibrillation

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Atrial Fibrillation

Postby robert2957 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:15 am

I note that in the success story of the Star McDougallers "Penny and Ralph: Hypertension, Atrial Fibrillation, Overweight" https://www.drmcdougall.com/images/star ... ralph.html Ralph's Artrial Fibrillation abated. Is it maintained that the McDougall diet cures or improves Atrial Fibrillation?
Last edited by robert2957 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Edwards 21 Dorian Road HORNCHURCH Essex RM12 4AN
robert2957

Re: Atrial Fibrillation

Postby dteresa » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:23 pm

He says the atrial fibrilation abated but doesn't specically say he stopped the meds. Everyone I know who has af is on meds. Maybe dr. M or the writer could answer this question.

didi
dteresa

Postby jay kaye » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:38 am

dteresa wrote:He says the atrial fibrilation abated but doesn't specically say he stopped the meds. Everyone I know who has af is on meds. Maybe dr. M or the writer could answer this question.

didi

What DrM doesn't say loudly enough, and he should, is that AF is caused by sub-clinical atherosclerosis. Just as with heart disease, afib could be prevented by this WOE. I wish he or Dr Gregor would write on this. And while I can not find any studies that say this WOE might cure Afib, (I don't think it will) it most surely will not do any harm and might keep the condition from getting worse.

Source
Subclinical atherosclerosis and risk of atrial fibrillation: the rotterdam study.

Metabolic Syndrome and Risk of Development of Atrial Fibrillation

Atherosclerosis and atrial fibrillation – Two closely intertwined diseases

j
jay kaye

Postby eshqua » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:45 am

Thanks j for the links! My mother had atrial fibrillation as well as high cholesterol and high blood pressure so I try to read anything on atrial fibrillation I come across. In one podcast a couple years ago, I heard that atrial fibrillation was preventable and is a disease of affluence which was great news. I so wish I knew 20 years ago what I know now and maybe could have helped my mom change her diet and get off medication and avoid the pacemaker. My mom lived to 95 so she did well, but had too many health problems which I want to avoid.
eshqua

Postby scooterpie » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:10 pm

The OP link above needs to be updated by ADMIN or whoever does that. In the meantime here's a usable link to the info: https://www.drmcdougall.com/images/star ... ralph.html.
scooterpie

Return to The Lounge