The Color Picture Book

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Quick Tour of the Program by the Color Picture Book

Postby mhcarrs » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:15 pm

John McDougall wrote:Easily understand why people are fat and sick, and how they become well by eating the “green light” foods and avoiding the “red light” ones. Please share this free picture book with your friends, family, and co-workers.

View: https://www.drmcdougall.com/2014/06/30/food-poisoning/

I bought the picture book, The Healthiest Diet on the Planet. I love this book because I live with my two grown college kids and husband. They are doing the program with me. Because I just was diagnosed with Pancreatic growths. IPMN and PNET. I had biopsies and they are not cancerous as of yet, so I am committed to this way of eating. The GI oncologist told me if it was cancer now or in the future they would do a Whipple surgery.

All my abdominal pain and other symptoms have dissipated since eating this way. If I accidentally eat wrong my guts is in so much pain for hours. So I am convinced this is the way to eat. I am hoping this lifestyle change will delay or cancel a cancer diagnoses.

The grown college kids didn't want to do the website, so I just showed them the picture book part. And they were off doing the program. It is so nice to have everyone on board. My husband and I watch the webinars and read the cookbook. We don't need the science because we believe this is the best way to go. We just want recipes and how to's on how to set up the kitchen and pantry.

I wish I had a Dr. Mcdougall children's cookbook and picture book for when I have Grandkids. I just saw a webinar with Dr. M. and Gustavo and Dr. M. thought this was going to be his last book.

Anyway children cooking books by Dr. M. would be great. Kids can be powerful diet changers at home.
mhcarrs

Postby debknott » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi. I'm brand new at this, just two days in. Can anyone point me to the recipe for the sweet potatoes shown in the Color Picture Book. They look delicious!
debknott

Postby Bougainvillea » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:36 pm

I love this picture book. Recently looked at it from a link on the website. So simple. Good quick refresher.
Off meds/animal products 8/13/17, oil-free since 8/29/17
BP WAY down right away. In 3 months: Cholesterol down 26pts, Triglycerides down 27pts. Next 3 mos way back up ???
61 yrs, 5'5" tall
Starting weight 8/13/17 : 204 lbs As of 2/14/18: 186 lbs
Bougainvillea

Previous

Return to The Lounge