What is your WFPB Staple?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: What is your WFPB Staple?

Postby americaninca46 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:45 am

Oatmeal, potatoes and brown rice. I eat these every day. My weight has stayed the same for 3 and half years and I feel wonderful. Of course I have lots of fruits and other veggies daily. I never get tired of my oatmeal for breakfast. Have never missed a day without at least a pound of potatoes. Also beans every day. Guess I have a few staples. Best wishes to all. Rebia
americaninca46

Postby debknott » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:29 pm

My starch staples are oatmeal, rice, potatoes and beans. Love them all. Don't miss meat one bit.
debknott

Postby Langeranger » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:48 pm

Though I don’t break out in hives, I’m definitely keenly aware whenever my “inventory “ of ready-to-serve brown rice and no-oil hummus is low. I think they can be considered “staples.” BTW, indebted to JIM for the hummus recipe. Don
Langeranger

Postby dinska » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:14 pm

I'm a big fan of the different forms of corn and also of yellow split peas. Yellow split peas can be used for dal or Swedish yellow split pea soup. Both of those things go great with potatoes of course.

I have been eating more rice again though because it's so cheap and easy.
dinska

Previous

Return to The Lounge