Upcoming McDougall Talks

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Upcoming McDougall Talks

Postby Katydid » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:54 am

geo wrote:Hey Katydid! I got to agree with you, we need Dr McDougall in his hometown, Detroit!

I too am thinking of going to the Chicago FOK immersion. Its probably the cheapest way I'll ever get to see those in the nutrition world that I respect the most...Dr McD, Jeff, Dr Campbell and Dr Lisle and I would hope Dr Essy will be there as well, though he's not listed as a speaker this time.

It never occurred to me to take a train, but that might be a fun thing to do with the family :)

Well, at least Dr. Barnard is coming to the VegMichigan VegFest:

http://vegmichigan.org/activities/vegfe ... es2012.php

Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby kkrichar » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:00 pm

I just registered for the September ASW!!! I can't wait!!!!! I'm so excited!

HW: 220 lbs BMI=36.3
CW: 162 lbs BMI=26.5
GW: 135 lbs BMI=22.3
kkrichar

Postby nordgirl » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:02 pm

MommaLuna wrote:September in Portland, Yeah!!! It's on my calendar.

I can't wait to see and hear Dr. McDougall in person :-D

Linda

Me too, I'm driving up from Victora B.C. with a vegan girlfriend and we are really excited about it.
My type 2 diabetic husband and I have lost a total of 65 pounds thanks to Dr. McDougall. I'm cooking for a household of 7 McDougallers, and enjoying good health and a renewed sense of well being.
- Lisa P.
nordgirl

Postby MommaLuna » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:35 am

I wrote down the name of this thread so in August I can post on it again and we can see who all will be going to Portland in September. Won't it be fun to all get together and put faces to names!

Linda
MommaLuna

Postby PurpleKale » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:01 am

nordgirl wrote:
MommaLuna wrote:September in Portland, Yeah!!! It's on my calendar.

I can't wait to see and hear Dr. McDougall in person :-D

Linda

Me too, I'm driving up from Victora B.C. with a vegan girlfriend and we are really excited about it.

You mean driving down! :) I'll be driving down from Seattle. My husband and I went last year and met Essy, and it was a great festival! We loved it, and the hubby isn't even vegan! I'm really looking forward to the 2013 festival, and now we get MCDOUGALL, woot!
PurpleKale

Postby Floraphx » Mon May 06, 2013 8:27 pm

I just returned from the Healthy You Expo in Tucson (May 4 & 5) and it was fantastic! If you have the opportunity to hear Dr. McDougall speak, please GO. Even though I've watched countless youtube videos featuring Dr. McDougall, I still learned new information from him this weekend. Dr. McDougall is an engaging (and very entertaining) speaker and his passion is undeniable. I also had the opportunity to experience the presentations of Dr. T. Colin Campbell (what a brilliant mind), Dr. Doug Lisle (can't wait to see a youtube video with his new lecture on Willpower as it was so powerful), and Rip Esselstyn (our host who also was fantastic) as was his sister Jane who gave two very funny and easy-to-learn cooking demonstrations. The younger generation featured Scott Jurek and James Wilks, both of whom really knew their topics. James "Lightning" Wilks gave an especially thoughtful presentation about how he came to know and believe that eating plant based is definitely the way to go. He calls himself a "truth seeker" and spent countless hours verifying the information he was reading in medical journals, etc. He originally had thought that eating meat was how humans attained the best in physical performance -- he found out that wasn't the case. If you don't know (and I didn't before the Expo), Scott is an Ultra Marathoner (100 plus miles running in rugged terrain), and James is at the very top in his field of Mixed Martial Arts. I firmly believe that many other young minds could be changed to embrace our WOE by listening to young people such as Scott and James who are willing to stand up for what they believe in and talk so passionately about it. In so doing, the younger generation may (hopefully) wish to emulate them. Thanks to all the presenters (and their wives) for all their hard work and diligence in spreading the word that plant/starch based eating is the optimal fuel for human existence.
Floraphx

Postby theresaann » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:28 pm

Hey Katy and Geo,

Michigan for sure! I'm in Oakland co. Would be awesome to get the crew here! Theresa
theresaann

Postby Rob » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:09 am

Glad to see you will be speaking at the American College of Lifestyle Medicine (ACLM) annual conference, October 27 – 30, 2013, in Washington DC. Hopefully some policy makers will show up for the conference.
http://lifestylemedicine2013.org/
Rob

Postby kkrichar » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:28 pm

Anyone going to ASW next month?

HW: 220 lbs BMI=36.3
CW: 162 lbs BMI=26.5
GW: 135 lbs BMI=22.3
kkrichar

Postby Annitenth » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:18 am

kkrichar wrote:Anyone going to ASW next month?

My husband and I will be there (with our miniature poodle mix...anyone want to dogsit?)
Anne
70 lb. from goal
Annitenth

Postby MamaSistina » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Oh gosh, I want to see if I can catch the McDougall tour when he comes to Portland.
MamaSistina

Postby ~Beth~ » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:16 pm

http://nwveg.org/vegfest_speakers_2013

Limited Seating Available and on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Has anyone ever been to Vegfest in Portland? How big is the seating area?

It says on the page about the speakers that the seating is limited and on first come first serve basis. Is there much danger of not being able to get in, I wonder?
I would hate to drive 7.5 hours to get there and then not be able to get in...

Start date: Sept 25, 2012
~Beth~

Postby babybuddha » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:29 am

You lucky, lucky people! Hope you all have the most enriching and enjoyable time and take away whatever you need to support your highest good.

I am currently in the UK. I dont want to limit my possibilities though; maybe some day I will hop over the pond and join you. Who knows, maybe the good doctor and his family will bless us with a visit?

Meanwhile I am receiving plenty of rich good from all the generously shared info and talks online. This will do for now!

Enjoy
Jennifer
eat whole foods
expect miracles
babybuddha

Postby MommaLuna » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:59 am

I went to the Portland Vegfest a couple of years ago and I remember the auditorium as quite large. However, I get to go again this year and I'm not taking any chances of missing Dr. McDougall's talk. I see he is scheduled at 11 am. If it means sitting for the first hour of Vegfest (opens at 10) I'll be in the auditorium as soon as I enter the building.

Luckily he will be speaking on Sunday also so come he!! or high water I'll see him one day, if not both!!

Maybe those of us who are going can arrange a meeting off in some corner of the building. Love to put faces with names!!!

Linda
MommaLuna

Postby PurplePotato » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:21 pm

~Beth~ wrote:http://nwveg.org/vegfest_speakers_2013

Limited Seating Available and on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Has anyone ever been to Vegfest in Portland? How big is the seating area?

It says on the page about the speakers that the seating is limited and on first come first serve basis. Is there much danger of not being able to get in, I wonder?
I would hate to drive 7.5 hours to get there and then not be able to get in...

I've been there in the past, and I remember sitting in on a talk of Dr. Barnard that filled up, so it would be best to be a bit early. I'll be going again this year, maybe we could all just meet in the auditorium before the talk? Also was everyone planning on going on Saturday? I am, but I could go on Sunday as well.
PurplePotato

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge