Happy Herbivore Meal Plans?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Happy Herbivore Meal Plans?

Postby Lasko77 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:45 am

Hi All,

I was considering trying one of the Happy Herbivore Meal Plans. It is only $5 and she helps you save money, gets you a list and recipes and gives you steps to prepare every easily and quickly. I am very, very bad with my money and have been spending about $250 on groceries per week. Lindsay has some great ideas about simplifying and saving money. I wonder if this will help me. Especially with this busy weekend ahead I am curious to see if this meal plan could help me in terms of time management and meal prep. Just wondering if anyone has used this service or if you think it is another way I will just waste my money?

Thanks!
Lasko77

Re: Happy Herbivore Meal Plans?

Postby rickfm » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:34 am

$250 per week? :shock: That must be for a family, right?

Sorry, not familiar with Lindsay's program. I just eat potatoes, brown rice, mixed frozen vegetables, oats and bananas, and the odd head of cabbage or dark leafy greens and onions. My only indulgence is salsa that I pour over just about everything. I can get away with $50 per week, for myself.
~Rick

Mmmm.... cabbage!
Keeping it Simple
rickfm

Postby AlwaysAgnes » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:19 am

Lasko77 wrote:Hi All,

I was considering trying one of the Happy Herbivore Meal Plans. It is only $5 and she helps you save money, gets you a list and recipes and gives you steps to prepare every easily and quickly. I am very, very bad with my money and have been spending about $250 on groceries per week. Lindsay has some great ideas about simplifying and saving money. I wonder if this will help me. Especially with this busy weekend ahead I am curious to see if this meal plan could help me in terms of time management and meal prep. Just wondering if anyone has used this service or if you think it is another way I will just waste my money?

Thanks!

Try it and see. If her meal plans are for foods you like, you'll probably come out ahead. It might be worth a $5 gamble.
You don't have to wait to be happy.
AlwaysAgnes

Postby Lasko77 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:28 am

I am talking a family of three. One of these people is a 20 month old. I just spend like crazy and I need to rein in it.

AlwaysAgnes, your right, I mean $5, I mind as well try it.

I find it hard to simplify the meals because my husband likes a huge variety and gets picky and my son is so picky! It is a work in progress.
Lasko77

Postby Lesliec1 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:53 am

Lasko77 wrote: I just spend like crazy and I need to rein in it.

Don't we all? I feel that! "nice" produce is expensive! At least it's on food and not meds though :)

You sound like such a great cook. I bet it would be a worthwhile thing for you to invest in.
Lesliec1

Postby patty » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:29 am

The money issue will fall into place because of your awareness fat and oil is the metabolic biological dollar. No longer do we have to unconsciously overeat for the famine that never comes. Knowledge is power, self-knowledge is Self Empowerment. Just keep focused. If sometimes you have to spend more, know you must have been able to afford it because you are changing how you have valued life. If we unconsciously eat the same amount of weight of food daily, this has to be true with spending. With this WOE our needs will be met even though we have many wants.

This WOE is a program of tweaking on a daily basis.. with a two year old I am sure it is moment by moment process. Practice HALT, don't get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely and Tired. Nap whenever you can, and make sure you have enough starch available for a pick up. Exercise with your precious little one... picking up and carrying while being conscious of the body's schemas. Pete Egosue book on "Pain Free" gives wonderful examples how the correct posture puts everything in place, just like this WOE. Remember this is a lifestyle journey:) You have the foundation to be live it, knowledge is power, self-knowledge is Self-Empowerment. That is what your husband will want. Our unconscious is becoming conscious. How great is that?

Bruce Lipton shares the unconscious is like a computer processor a million times faster then our conscious mind which is like the keyboard (our wishes and desires). This WOE is making the unconscious conscious. Keep trying for what you want and taking what you get:)

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby ♥ Amy ♥ » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Lasko77 - based on reading some of your journal & then looking at Lindsay's sample meal plans, I sort of think they are beneath you!

Everything you cook to me sounds amazing and fancy. And it sounds like you really enjoy it.

If my assumptions are incorrect - I sincerely apologize. Her meal plans seem simple and sort of no brainers. I HATE to cook and was thinking of buying them so I can stop just slapping frozen veggies with a starch and calling it a meal. Hilarious that we are on total opposite ends of the spectrum considering the same solution.

I say go for it - $5 for recipes to add to your arsenal should be well worth it. Let me know what you think!
*Restart 12.28.13*
My Journal
♥ Amy ♥

Postby sharonbikes » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:13 pm

I have tried the HH meal plans and well, they are great. I didn't follow the plan exactly (because I typically make 2-3 big batches of food and eat on it all week), but I found them to be a great resource. I would give it a try, it's $5 and so, if you have the $5, there really is no down side. And, even if you decide not to follow it exactly, they are full of great recipes and great ideas that you can take and make your own!

Sharon
sharonbikes

Postby organicpaul21 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:40 am

Not sure about the programme she offers but her 2 books are our favourites for sure, highly recommended to anyone eating this way.
organicpaul21

Return to The Lounge