Oily skin, hair, eyebrows

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Oily skin, hair, eyebrows

Postby Gwen » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:46 am

Hi all,
I just read the Star McDougaller story by Dan McCrady. He said one of the first things he noticed that his oily skin and scalp cleared up. Is it the 'no added oils' part of the diet that helps clear this up? Or is it just this whole WOE?

My husband has always had oily skin and scalp. He even has oily eyebrows that smear his glasses up, and oil will even get in his eyes and irritate them.

Will this WOE help this problem? That would truly be a blessing.
Thanks, Gwen
Gwen

Re: Oily skin, hair, eyebrows

Postby Chile » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:49 am

I think the success comes from having a very low fat diet overall, not just eliminating the added oils. After all, even the leanest meat is still almost 30% fat (if I'm remembering correctly) and 2% milk actually contains 36% fat.

Have him try Dr. McDougall's way of eating for a couple of months, making sure to avoid avocados, coconut, and nuts and seeds. He's likely to see quite a change.
Chile

Postby Ltldogg » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi Gwen,

This WOE of eating will definitely help such symptoms as well as many other problems; basically it is a path to both short and long-term health. However, it's not just the 'no added oil', but instead it is the synergy of eating a low-fat, whole-food plant based diet. So eat your fruits, veggies, grains, legumes and be healthy!

Cheers,
Ltldogg
Ltldogg

Postby healthyvegan » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:51 pm

absolutely, for me even a single olive or nut will ooze out my face and I too especially notice it on my sunglasses! I can name every blemish on my face from the food that got past my low fat radar!
mrmrsvegan.com free whole starch low fat cookbook #wslf
healthyvegan

Postby LoriLynn » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:58 pm

I am the same way! Switching to this way of eating significantly reduced the amount of oil in my skin. Now if I eat anything oily (restaurant food) or high fat, I notice it on my skin. It is very nice not having a greasy scalp all the time. My skin is still moist, just not greasy.
LoriLynn

Return to The Lounge