Venus Williams on her vegan diet and her autoimmune disease

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Venus Williams on her vegan diet and her autoimmune disease

Postby Adrienne » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:16 am

In this interview with CBS news Venus Williams talks about her raw vegan diet and her autoimmune disease. She doesn't say a lot about her diet but she does say that it has made a "big difference" in her health.

http://fitperez.com/2012-07-11-venus-wi ... _2UkPVQShE
Adrienne

Re: Venus Williams on her vegan diet and her autoimmune dise

Postby rijman » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:49 am

Thanks for the link. Venus eats a raw vegan diet, I was wondering if Serena is also eating a vegan diet or considering it with her recent health problems. I searched online and found articles that report both eat raw vegan diets now. Serena just won Wimbledon on a raw vegan diet. Hopefully she'll find the Starch Solution and likely be more satisfied with that diet without sacrificing her health.

Here is one of the articles about Serena:
http://care4curls.com/2012/07/08/serena ... egan-diet/
I may be naive.
But I still believe the truth will be revealed if enough light is shined on the subject.
Right now we are dealing with massive ignorance.

John McDougall, MD
(McDougall Discussion Board, posted 7/2/13)
rijman

Postby Ltldogg » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:04 am

I'm very happy for Venus in the change she has made. However, she will most likely find, as most raw food veganists find, that the diet is not idea and will be necessary to add cooked foods, especially grains, to fulfill calorie and nutrient requirements.
Ltldogg

Postby nicoles » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:41 am

I am glad to hear one mainstream celebrity sufferer of AI disease speak up on the healing power of diet!

I think this shows she is open-minded, and hopefully she can call upon that character trait to adapt her diet as needed, if things change for her.
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Return to The Lounge