20 @60 or What happened to the fat boy?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 20 @60 or What happened to the fat boy?

Postby AussieSharon » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:44 pm

Awesome and an inspiration! And great words of wisdom. Will take them on board.
Healthy For Life!
AussieSharon

Postby redpepper » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:59 am

What a story pinkrose. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the pictures. :)

You are so kind, and so informative, I always look forward to your comments.

You look great!! :nod: Your wife and students are beautiful.

Anna
redpepper

Postby pinkrose » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:14 pm

redpepper wrote:What a story pinkrose. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the pictures. :)

You are so kind, and so informative, I always look forward to your comments.

You look great!! :nod: Your wife and students are beautiful.

Anna

Thanks for your sweet words, Anna! I look forward to reading your success story! :nod:
pinkrose

Postby KensCircus » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:16 am

pinkrose wrote:Thanks for all of the kind words! I am grateful to be part of this community! :nod:

PinkRose, all the kind words are simply by default - your life leaves no other option!

I stumbled onto this site last November 18, 2012 and was drop-jaw amazed to discover that after 25 years on this diet - I was not alone! Even more drop-jaw amazing was your welcome and slide show. Since then I have so enjoyed all your posts and just love your attitude. Like the title to this thread, “20 @60…”.

Now that’s what I’m talking about!!!

Ken
KensCircus

Postby plants-and-carbs » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:27 am

Great post!

Posts like this, make this forum the best nutrition forum on planet earth :-D
plants-and-carbs

Postby pinkrose » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:05 pm

@62, I am still a happy customer!

I am grateful for another year of life and so many blessings! This has been an eventful year for my wife and me. We have moved twice and now live in Guanxi's Nanning, about 100 miles from Viet Nam. Moving is stressful for senior citizens but the plants here are very nice! We live a stone's throw from our son, daughter-in-love and grandson. I also made an extra trip (a total of two) to the USA this year related to my mom's health problems.

After four years of McDougalling, I have accepted the fact that very few people in the USA or China are willing to make the radical changes that many of us have made in order to be healthy. However, my faith in eating low fat unrefined plants (low starch veggies and starches) and little of anything else to preserve or restore health is unshaken. If you have one person who shares your McDougall journey with you, be grateful! I have none. :( That is why this site is such a valuable resource! We find guidance and support here that we can get nowhere else. :nod:

Since I have become quite busy with my Internet teaching, I do not read and write very much here now. However, I know that many here have more knowledge and writing skill than I and that the support here is very good. :nod:

I would love to see others here give "annual reports"! :idea: :idea: :idea:

Thanks for your kind words and friendship! :-D

pinkrose

Postby frozenveg » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:14 am

Happy (now-belated) birthday, Pinkrose! I am glad to hear that you are well and still around, although busy with other stuff (you know I worry!). I will always feel close to you, and respect your input always! I'm coming up on 4 years of McDougalling, too, on Jan. 17th. and I have to agree with you. The world is not flocking to this way of eating...If one person gains a tiny amount from our example, that's probably more than we can hope for! Stay healthy, keep eating those plants, stay low-fat, and keep on truckin'!!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby JulieS » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:33 am

You do NOT look 62 years old! Thanks for your encouragements along the way to me as a newbie!! Happy birthday!
LOST 55 POUNDS! From pant size 14 to size 4, BMI:21
JulieS

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:32 am

When and were will you be visiting the US? There are a lot of us who would love to meet you.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby pinkrose » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Vanilla Orchid wrote:When and were will you be visiting the US? There are a lot of us who would love to meet you.

:D :-D :) :-) :nod: :nod: :nod:
I expect to visit TN in the spring or summer. This depends on my mom's condition and other things.

Wow! I would love to see you, VO, and other McDougallers over there! :nod: I have not met one McDougaller face-to-face! :shock:

So when I nail down my plans (barring an emergency trip), I will try to post a message here. It would be so nice to eat spuds with McDougall friends! :nod:
pinkrose

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:28 pm

pinkrose wrote:
Vanilla Orchid wrote:When and were will you be visiting the US? There are a lot of us who would love to meet you.

I expect to visit TN in the spring or summer. This depends on my mom's condition and other things.

Wow! I would love to see you, VO, and other McDougallers over there! :nod: I have not met one McDougaller face-to-face! :shock:

So when I nail down my plans (barring an emergency trip), I will try to post a message here. It would be so nice to eat spuds with McDougall friends! :nod:

I wish your mom all the best. I've never been to TN, but if you post your travel plans (and are available--I know how it is caring for ill parents) then I'll do my best to make the trip. If you come all the way from China, you deserve a warm welcoming party.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby pinkrose » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:33 am

Vanilla Orchid wrote:
pinkrose wrote:

I wish your mom all the best. I've never been to TN, but if you post your travel plans (and are available--I know how it is caring for ill parents) then I'll do my best to make the trip. If you come all the way from China, you deserve a warm welcoming party.

You are so sweet, VO! :-D If you travel from CA to TN, I hope you see much more than me! See http://tnvacation.com/ :nod:
pinkrose

Postby Melinda » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:05 pm

Great to hear from you Pinkrose! You are always such a courteous, thoughtful, inspirational poster on these boards! Hopefully you will get some rest after this move - moving can be very stressful. I also would love to meet you when you come to the US, but unfortunately we won't be anywhere near where you will be. All the best to you and your family.
Melinda

Postby redpepper » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:59 pm

Happy Birthday PinkRose!! I do not post here to much, but I always look for your comments. You are kind and so encouraging to all. What a treat to be your friend. Thanks for being such a good example. ;)
redpepper

Postby pinkrose » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:29 pm

You sweet people have given me many smiles! :D :-D :) :-) :nod: Thanks for your good words!

Please share you stories! :nod:
pinkrose

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge