20 @60 or What happened to the fat boy?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 20 @60 or What happened to the fat boy?

Postby nicoles » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Thank you for sharing your story, pinkrose - and an amazing one it is!

I have always appreciated your posts on this board. Send your story to Dr. M - you have my vote as a Star!
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby Katydid » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:52 pm

I too want to thank you. Your idea of having starch as a 'dessert' really resonated with me. Lately I have been having a sweet potato or hard winter squash after my dinner soup and salad and I'm really enjoying it. A sweet potato and a little cinnamon really hits the spot at the end of the day. I agree that you should submit your story to Dr. McDougall and become a Star McDougaller. Just forward him this post along with some more before and after pictures.
Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby Adrienne » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Who would have guessed that the "greens are the main course, brown rice is my dessert" guy grew up eating eggs, bacon sausage etc. for breakfast? I actually assumed that you had eaten fairly healthy most of your life. You are living proof as to how drastically our taste buds can change. I could be wrong but I think it is same to say that you eat the most simply out of everyone here. And you see the benefits. I agree with the others: You should submit your story to Dr McD.

Thanks for sharing.
Adrienne

Postby afreespirit » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Pinkrose models a perfect McDougall diet with the results to show for it. He also is a faithful contributor to this board and a cheerleader for others with never a bad word to say.

I love the "starch for dessert" concept which Pinkrose originated and have been happy to see the idea catching on around here. Awesome. :D

Definitely a Star! Enjoy your moment Pinkrose!
afreespirit

Postby Jack19 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:57 am

I completely agree - Pink Rose is definitely a Star McDougaller. He is also so friendly, encouraging and welcoming when you chat to him - be it on the thread OR the PM system.
Jack19

Postby pinkrose » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Thanks for so many sweet words! :-D :-D :-D

In regard to Dr. Fuhrman's guidance, this has been discussed many times here. So I will only say that it seems to me that the starch based diet (based largely on grains and starchy veggies) has worked well for billions of people and it suits me quite well. So, for me, the history, science and my personal experience all fit together very well. I eat until I am satisfied and I am managing my weight well. I am a happy customer!

In regard to dealing with hunger, I doubt that most well fed Americans really know what true hunger is. Experiencing a bit of hunger every day (perhaps before every meal) is not a bad thing! When hungry, the plain foods (veggies and rice) are very appealing to me!!! :nod:

Thanks to all who read my story! I hope it will encourage someone to follow the good guidance here and enjoy greater health and a leaner body. :)
Last edited by pinkrose on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
pinkrose

Postby DawnT » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:11 am

Wow, great story! You are an inspiration. I love your story and hope one day that I can have one similar. Thanks for sharing it.

Dawn

These first 16 lbs lost were just from changing to vegetarian from meat eater! :D
DawnT

Postby f1jim » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Thank you for sharing your message. There are never enough of these messages. They were so inspiring to me in making the changes to getting my health back and I know others read them and identify with the issues you faced. Some will tell you, others will be motivated in silence. It doesn't matter. The important thing is to be a beacon of light for someone else.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby TerriT » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, pinkrose! You look fantastic. I have also been inspired by your posts and your positive attitude. Just today I was having a small sweet potato for "dessert" after my lunch and thinking that it was the perfect way to finish a meal.
TerriT

Postby ETeSelle » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:48 pm

You TOTALLY should be a Star McDougaller! And this thread really belongs over in the Testimonials forum where it won't get buried!

Congrats, Pinkrose! You rock! :-D
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby Kiki » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:09 pm

Thanks, Pinkrose, for relating your story. You're an excellent role model and great inspiration. The best part of the story is the picture with you and your family all looking so happy together. It really puts priorities in perspective.
Kiki

Postby Denise » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:41 pm

You inspire me Pinkrose and 2 things resonate with me the most and often in the front of my mind: 1) embrace hunger -- I'm practicing and 2) starch is the dessert -- I want to try this and will start now.

Thank you for your wisdom and caring

Cheers
Denise

Postby shell1226 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:59 am

I totally agree...definitely should be a Star McDougaller!!!
Rachelle

shell1226

Postby LovingItVegan » Mon May 28, 2012 11:57 am

Congratulations on your transformation. Inspiring to read such a positive outcome! :D
LovingItVegan

Postby merriweather » Mon May 28, 2012 10:31 pm

:D I have to add my bit to all the positives! You are always there, with so much good imformation for us. Thanks so much. I guess I was early in the game to find out you are male. One of my sons loved hot pink as a kid. He had an old blanket he had been given that was that color. So right off I knew you were one of the good guys!! :lol:
Love is never wasted
merriweather

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge