The Starch Solution - Full Video Presentation (free)

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: New Talk: The Starch Solution (free)

Postby HealthFreak » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Great presentation!
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." Henry David Thoreau
HealthFreak

Postby Potatohead » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:43 pm

HealthFreak wrote:Great presentation!

Ditto

You are Awesome..Dr McDougall,..Thanks for all you do.
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby Potatohead » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:43 pm

HealthFreak wrote:Great presentation!

Ditto

You are Awesome..Dr McDougall,..Thanks for all you do.
"IT'S THE FOOD"....John McDougall MD
~Potato Freak~
Potatohead

Postby jsl » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Excellent talk - just watched it. Thank you so much!
-Jenni

jsl

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:16 pm

is this going to be coming out on dvd or as part of a dvd? I know my connect would die trying to get a hour and 15 minutes downloaded.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby GemueseGirl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:44 am

I watched it. Great presentation! Thank you for your generosity. The plant based eating lifestyle has really changed my life, and this message board is on a perma-tab on my firefox browser. Wonderful community. Just a few days ago I passed on the link for the MS talk to a colleague who is currently on sick leave because of a flare up.
"My dear Baxter," he said [...] "if your hunger is so great that you are unable to wait for breakfast and have to raid my larder in the middle of the night, I wish to goodness you would contrive to make less noise about it." (P.G.Wodehouse)
GemueseGirl

Postby kirstykay » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:28 am

Thank you, Dr. McDougall!! What a wonderful presentation. Now I will have something straightforward and easy to understand to pass on to relatives and friends who think I'm crazy for eating this way! Thank you for all you do!
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby merriweather » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:13 pm

Just forwarded to all my loved ones. Said it was my Thanksgiving card to them. I will keep the link to forward to any new people who ask how I have regained so much of my health! THANK YOU does not seem to cover it, but will have to do for now.
Love is never wasted
merriweather

Postby HollyJo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:00 am

Thank you so much for sharing this with us, especially at No charge!
Your caring, continues to shine...

Sincerely,
HollyJo
HollyJo

Postby S B » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:33 pm

Thank you for such a great talk and generous gift!

I hope the book comes out SOON!
`
I believe we McDougallers can have a loud enough voice to influence enough people to cut back on livestock consumption/farming that we CAN have a positive impact on global warming -- if we REALLY try!
S B

Postby tealover » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:33 pm

When will the book The Starch Solution be available? Usually amazon gives some sort of preview of new books, but I could not find it.
tealover

Postby tealover » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Speaking of books, Isa Chandra Moskowitz' new cookbook Appetite for Reduction is out and is very McDougall friendly.
tealover

Postby MTeehan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Dr. John,
There you go again! Giving this info out for free! This is what separates you from all the 'others'. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to do what you asked last month. Mainly because my mom has refused to follow your program. I just wanted to Thank You this Thanksgiving for giving me this brand new life. On New Years Day it will be exactly 2 years since I finally committed fully to your program after 20+ years of procrastination. On Thanksgiving morning I weighed myself and I weighed 160 pounds EXACTLY what I weighed last Thanksgiving. (this after spending most of my adult life weighing over 300 pounds and maxing out at 331) My thoughts immediately went to you and your wonderful wife and family. You are my hero and my lifesaver and I will forever be thankful!!!!
Aloha!
Mike Teehan
See how Dr. McDougall's Plan saved my life and gave me an optimistic outlook on my future here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4V2Zo3xEIw

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2Qs2zt/]
MTeehan

Postby doug44 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:30 am

Well I hope when you Write the book you make an Ebook too. I love reading them so I can make the print bigger. I am looking forward to The Starch Solution.
Doug in Calif... :nod:
doug44

Postby jamietwo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:28 am

Adding my thanks to Dr. McDougall!

Dr. McDougall, my 11-year-old watched both the starch solution and your MS talk with me. He is VERY on board, having eaten this way his whole life (except for the added oils that we finally abolished 2 years ago). And as a child, I feed him more calorie dense foods - I'm anxiously awaiting the McDougall "myth" report that Jeff compiled a while back!

In the starch talk you mentioned that you thought there was something up with all the people that are gluten-free, and I wonder about that too. We took gluten out of our diet 6 years ago when my then 5-year-old was having chronic tummy aches and the doctors could not find anything wrong. Within a week of removing gluten, he felt great (and I was surprised that I felt better too). But we have both identified SO many food sensitivities since then (corn, soy, tomato), that I wonder if there is something "causing" the problem. Some people say Lyme disease can do this, and we encounter ticks frequently. Any insight or suggestions on where to look? Eating the McDougall way would be SO simple if we could just add one of those foods (wheat, soy, corn, tomato) back into our diet!
Jamie
jamietwo

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge