The Starch Solution - Full Video Presentation (free)

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: New Talk: The Starch Solution (free)

Postby kguizzo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:39 am

I began following The Starch Solution and I have been singing its praises to everyone. I started mid August at 229.7 and dropped to 225 the first week, and 222 the second week, and there I have stayed. I continued to follow the program eating french toast or oatmeal for breakfast, a blueberry muffin mid morning, left over dinner from the night before for lunch with an apple or grapes for lunch and then an afternoon snack of celery or carrots with hummus. For the evening, I will make one of the main meal recipes in The Starch Solution. I am a former marathoner, and so running is my thing, even when I have been heavy. But I alternate running 2-4 miles a day and walking. And I typically walk briskly for about 45 min. There are a lot of secondary benefits including feeling less "puffy" in my face and stomach, regular bowel movements, and a marked reduction in arthritis pain in my right middle finger. I am on BP meds and I have just started this week with a hormone pill due to excessively heavy menstrual bleeding that has been going on non-stop since May. I am 53 and a mother of three kids (24, 21 and 18). Any suggestions on how to get the scale moving down. My cousin has lost almost 80 pounds following the program. I do like what I'm eating, and I feel satisfied. I have enjoyed experimenting with gnocchi and potato enchiladas. But in truth, the number on the scale has been messing with my head as being a former marathoner, I cannot believe my body is so big!

Thank you,

Kerry Guizzo
Temecula, CA
kguizzo

Postby guitarplayer007 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:28 pm

I loved the video and have known for a while that in order to reverse my heart disease I must go plant based but haven't been able to do after 5 years since my stent. My disease is definitely progressing. I purchased the Starch Solution book, but a little disappointed that the recipes all contain so many ingredients . I suppose there's really no way around it if you want it to taste good, but they definitely aren't simple recipes with 10 to 20 ingredients:( I wish a chef could prepare my meals...lol

Ken
guitarplayer007

Postby Yomom » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:36 pm

guitarplayer007 wrote:I loved the video and have known for a while that in order to reverse my heart disease I must go plant based but haven't been able to do after 5 years since my stent. My disease is definitely progressing. I purchased the Starch Solution book, but a little disappointed that the recipes all contain so many ingredients . I suppose there's really no way around it if you want it to taste good, but they definitely aren't simple recipes with 10 to 20 ingredients:( I wish a chef could prepare my meals...lol

Ken

Ken, depending where you live, Forks Over Knives meals may fulfil your wish to have a chef prepare your meals:
http://www.forksoverknives.com/forksfreshmeals/

:mrgreen:
Yomom

Postby guitarplayer007 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:09 am

Yes in fact I'm getting dinner meals delivered Friday, but it's expensive...There has to be simpler menu plans?
Buy the way I get the cheap rate because I was in the pilot program and it $80.00 for 5 meals...not cheap at all
guitarplayer007

Postby anstice42 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:53 pm

I just started incorporating some of the program.

I decided to start by giving up pork products. Just a sausage biscuit in the morning gets you over the 30 grams of fat they say you can have.

I do not like the taste of most turkey sausages and bacons and I tried meat free sausage which I like but it is too expensive.

So my breakfasts are no longer having meat in them, although I have not yet given up eggs or butter.

I also had cold iceberg lettuce with hot white rice and fat free salad dressing last night for dinner. It was good, but I need to add potatoes to the rice or beans to make it a little more hearty.
anstice42

Re: The Starch Solution - Full Video Presentation (free)

Postby zoezuniga » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:32 pm

Thanks for all the inspiration!!! :-D
zoezuniga

Postby chas » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:02 am

As a new member, after I registered I have been unable to view "The Starch Solution" full video presentation at either link you reference!
Please tell me how to gain access. - Thanks, Charlie
chas

Postby QubitBob » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:10 pm

Hi Charlie,

I see what you mean: the links in the first post of this discussion thread don't work for me, either.

I went to YouTube separately, and searched on "John McDougall Starch Solution", and the video at this link ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N3KDq3jvCE ) came up. Note: When I first clicked on the thumbnail, a message came up stating that the video was private, but after about three seconds it disappeared and the video started playing.
QubitBob

Postby calvin » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:35 pm

calvin

Previous

Return to The Lounge