The Starch Solution - Full Video Presentation (free)

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: New Talk: The Starch Solution (free)

Postby carollynne » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Thanks for posting this video, It just so happens that I watched the Starch Solution from your website this morning! I loved it and it made a lot of sense to me. Although I tend to be the true believer type, this is my life and I am going to stick with it!
I loved the scientific parts early on and then the history parts too.
I love potatoes, especially plain baked with nothing on them at all, maybe some pepper, and I agree perhaps it will be the potatoes that will save the world's population one day.
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby simoncat » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:18 pm

Thank you, Dr. McDougall. I am sure there is a place for you in Heaven, but I hope you stay on earth a long time. (I guess with your diet you will). Again, thank you. I will try to get some of my friends to watch.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. Mark Twain
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whvr8sU/]
[/url]
simoncat

Excellent!

Postby Caroveggie » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks for the great presentation. I'm sharing it on blogs and facebook and will point others to it. Looking forward to the book.
Caroveggie

Postby kdlfit » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:04 pm

Just viewed the you-tube about The Starch Solution. My husband just got diagnosed with prostate cancer and the book the doctor recommended led me to the China Study which led me to Dr. McDougall. I had The McDougall cookbook in my cupboard for years, and remembered how good I felt when I followed it for 10 days straight. I've dusted it off and ready to get back at it. Can't wait to read The Starch Solution. I've been on protein overload for the past couple of years.

This is very good timing for me.

Karen
kdlfit

Postby Spiral » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:25 pm

My husband just got diagnosed with prostate cancer and the book the doctor recommended led me to the China Study which led me to Dr. McDougall.

You have a good doctor. It seems like my wife's doctors dismiss the idea that a low(er) protein diet would be supportive of health.

I tell my wife that most doctors don't know much about nutrition. It seems like your doctor does have some knowledge about it.

Which book did your doctor recommend? The China Study? Or a different book that led you to the China Study?
Spiral

Postby kdlfit » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:53 pm

The book the doctor recommended is called " Surviving Prostate Cancer" by Patrick Walsh.

It has some interesting information, but it really spurred me on to the search for eating a better diet since the cancer diagnosis. I'm a little over two weeks into the vegan diet. Feeling pretty good. I just got back from 5 days away, camping in Death Valley, so I indulged in nuts and homemade lowfat granola. Still stayed vegan though! It's pretty do-able, even while camping!

Karen
kdlfit

Postby Rod » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:26 am

Its kind of dumb for the govt to restrict potatoes and whole grains. Both are staples of my diet. One of my favorite dishes is rice, beans, and lentels with seasoning. But I have noticed in the past few years that lots of people are reluctant to eat potaoes. By the way, didn't Ireland experience a famine when the potatoe crop failed?
Rod

Postby ella » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:50 pm

This video was awesome. I am so looking forward to the book. April 2012 is a long time to wait!
ella

Postby Starchyme » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:03 pm

I second that, Caljohn.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby sergelabonte » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:39 pm

I can only but repeat what many have told you already. This presentation is the one.
I now have the best material to share with others.
I am also looking forward to your book.

Thank-You.
sergelabonte

Postby noelalexis2000 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:37 am

Thank you so much for your caring and sharing with us. I come to this board everyday just to read what others say and to keep me motivated. Thank you so much for making this possible. You are deeply admired by many including me. :-D
noelalexis2000

Postby TULIP » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Ha ha! I could have written Lynn's post, only for me it is arthritic symptoms that fade when I banish the dairy and gluten.

I just saw Dr. McDougall's new book on amazon, and I ordered it. Nice catchy cover!

I too had the original book sitting around for years...before I sold it to a used book store. Shame on me for not listening.
TULIP

Postby Jack19 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Rod wrote:Its kind of dumb for the govt to restrict potatoes and whole grains. Both are staples of my diet. One of my favorite dishes is rice, beans, and lentels with seasoning. But I have noticed in the past few years that lots of people are reluctant to eat potaoes. By the way, didn't Ireland experience a famine when the potatoe crop failed?

Well I was reluctant to eat potatoes too after all the indoctrination I was subjected to whenever I went to slimming club meetings. I was told that if I HAD to eat them they had to be regulated strictly. Disgraceful. People are simply showing it is true what the likes of McDougall, Campbell, Esselsteyn, Robins and Ornish have suggested - that lies have been repeated so many times - they are now accepted as truth - noone questions the idea that potatoes, porridge, rice etc are fattening.

Can you tell me what seasoning you use for the rice, beans and lentils? Sounds nice!
Jack19

Postby kuuiposmom » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Just watched this with my husband, (I am new on here). Very eyeopening talk it was. Thanks Dr. McDougall for even more information . We have been into added vitamins all along, like probably most have, nice to know that if the diet is right, the added vitamins are actually doing more harm than good. Also look at the money saved!
kuuiposmom

Postby LowFatVeganChef » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:42 pm

Excellent information! I love sharing your talks and information with everyone. :)
Veronica Grace - Bringing you better health, one delicious (oil free & vegan) bite at a time! Sign up for my newsletter and get free vegan recipes and cooking tips.

LowFatVeganChef.com
Follow Me On Twitter
Like Me On Facebook
LowFatVeganChef

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge