Heart disease reversed

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Tue May 05, 2009 6:12 pm

Way to go!
Vanilla Orchid

Postby LauraA » Tue May 05, 2009 6:23 pm

Such wonderful news! You are an inspiration to all of us. I agree that you should have a much wider audience, and also go into much more detail about how you did this. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

reversal

Postby landog » Tue May 05, 2009 7:49 pm

YES!
landog

Postby TerryP » Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm

Wow,

I love hearing this stuff!!

What amazing news. I also got the feeling the doctor didn't want you to improve to much, No Money In It!

Thanks for sharing, Awesome!
TerryP
:wink:
"A DREAM YOU DON'T FIGHT FOR CAN HAUNT YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE"-ROBOTS
TerryP

Postby Starchyme » Tue May 05, 2009 8:01 pm

Can't add too much more to what everyone else has posted. Just want to also chime in and say congratulations and many thanks for telling the inspirational story of your journey to superior health.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

congrats

Postby ncyg46 » Tue May 05, 2009 8:27 pm

I also can't say much more than everyone else has said but I am really happy for you and you are an inspiration for me with your posts....I am soooooo glad for you!

I know i am taking chances with not doing them, but they haven't changed in the last 5 years and I have no pain anymore so I guess it is working, so thanks for all your posts and keep me in line!!!! :D I got three years to go for medicare!!!! If it is still around then! :eek: :D
ncyg46

Postby Jackie J » Tue May 05, 2009 10:40 pm

I wouldn't ascribe such penurious motives to the doc -- perhaps he is just being cautious -- there a lot of doctors who truly get satisfaction when their patients get better...
Jackie J

Wow

Postby Riva » Tue May 05, 2009 11:48 pm

Great work Bob. It took discipline and dedication. You did it!!!!
Riva
Riva

Postby Dragonfly » Wed May 06, 2009 4:30 am

Wonderful! Congratulations. :)
The Papaya Chronicles: a vegan food blog
http://www.thepapayachronicles.blogspot.com/
Dragonfly

Postby Danko » Wed May 06, 2009 5:28 am

Well done, Bob, inspiring story and great news!! :thumbsup:
Danko

Re: Heart disease reversed

Postby txjack » Wed May 06, 2009 5:49 am

SactoBob wrote: The doctor would not go so far as to say that the results were normal, but said that they were only mildly abnormal. I could see that he was working hard to say that it was not normal - he does not want me to be feeling too confident (don't worry, I won't be celebrating with a milk shake). The reversal is large and obvious, and I am so pleased with that.

Super news, Bob. It has taken a while to get "mildly abnormal" from what seems to be a serious situation in your life. Perhaps it will take just a little more time for the doctor to see what he can only describe as "normal". I don't know if some of these guys can ever say, "I was w-w-w-wro-ng."

This is really encouraging news. Congrats!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wxEU0X7/]
[/url]
txjack

YOU deserve the best

Postby coverley54 » Wed May 06, 2009 6:34 am

For all your hard work and dedication to program.

***************CONGRATS*****************

You inspire us all :-D

Chrissy
Chrissy

Dance alot! Don't worry, be happy :)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8XyWo2/]
[/url]
coverley54

Postby curlykaleGail » Wed May 06, 2009 6:45 am

Congradulations Bob, what an inspiring testimony to diet and lifestyle. Please never get tired of posting how you've had to overcome obstacles and any advice to keep going on and not giving in. I'm listening.
I've wined and dined on muligan stew and never wished for turkey
as I hitched and hiked and grifted too
from Maine to Albuquerque.
-From "The Lady is a Tramp"
curlykaleGail

Postby mairead11 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:02 am

Congratulations Bob!

:D
mairead11

Thanks to all

Postby SactoBob » Wed May 06, 2009 8:30 am

I really appreciate the support I have here. Strangely, I am feeling deeply emotional today about my test yesterday. I knew that I was feeling much better, and was committed to what I am doing regardless of what the test showed.

But I was very anxious about the test. I have always seen heart disease as a chronic condition - a death sentence really, and there was something about it that made me doubt whether the test results would be as positive as they were. Something in the back of my mind still questioned whether part of my improvement might have been the placebo effect.

The anxiety over the test was because it was totally objective and not something over which I had any control. It is just overwhelming to see graphic proof that this disease is not the killer it is always thought to be, and that we can choose not have a chronic condition increasingly intrude upon our enjoyment of life. It has been a surprisingly overwhelming and humbling experience.

BTW, I hope that nothing I said reflected poorly on my cardiologist. He is well trained and a nice person and has an open mind. You have to take into account that what I am doing is something he knows nothing about, and is not within the scope of his training. I could see that he was a bit puzzled by my results, but happy for them. He seemed especially puzzled that I had no chest pain at 100% heart rate where I had lots of chest pain last time at 85%. Otherwise, he thought that perhaps there could have been a problem with the first test somehow showing more blockage than existed.

I am very confident that the first test was a good one, since my symptoms correlated completely with the results. I can say the same for the second test too.
Last edited by SactoBob on Wed May 06, 2009 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
SactoBob

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge