Help....(from women please)

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Help....(from women please)

Postby SandyINNY » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:40 am

I need a question answered. I just got back from the doctors and long story short the opption of a hysterectomy came up if things don't improve with me in the next few months. Question being didn't Dr. McDougall write something about this somewhere? And any other info. about this subject is also welcome.
Thank you Sandy
SandyINNY

Postby Bambie113 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:14 am

Hi Sandy,
I'm only 21 so I don't know much about this subject but if I was you I'd email Dr. Mcdougall directly or even ask Jeff N for something like that. Good luck and I hope every thing works out for the best!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTiqtcQ/]
[/url]
Bambie113

Postby Faith in DC » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:53 am

Why are they wanting to take away an organ? That's not right. Is it cancer?
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Re: Help....(from women please)

Postby funcrunch » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:59 am

SandyINNY wrote:I need a question answered. I just got back from the doctors and long story short the opption of a hysterectomy came up if things don't improve with me in the next few months. Question being didn't Dr. McDougall write something about this somewhere? And any other info. about this subject is also welcome.
Thank you Sandy

You should get a copy of the McDougall Program for Women, where he talks about this topic extensively. Best of luck to you.

- funcrunch / Julie
funcrunch

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:04 pm

You might want to read his newsletter article from 2005 as well. Not sure if it applies to your particular problem, though.

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2005nl/ ... av5cpf.htm
Vanilla Orchid

Postby luvoatmeal » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi Sandy,

I had a hysterectomy in Aug. of 2006. It was not fun and I am still dealing with issues from it.

Please email Dr. McD, read his Woman's Health book, educate yourself, get a second opinion perhaps, and don't rush into it.

If you would like to private message me, you are more than welcome to and then I could share more details with you.

All the best to you,
luvoatmeal
luvoatmeal

why?

Postby SandyINNY » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:28 pm

Faith in DC wrote:Why are they wanting to take away an organ? That's not right. Is it cancer?

I have abnormal periods even after a DandC, an endometrial ablation.
I was taking a hormone called provera to try and regulate and hopefully get rid of a polyup. Now off provera and watching a cist on my ovary, seeing how my periods go now. Was suggested that we might have to remove ovary through a hysterectomy, if cist got bigger.
Sandy :cry:
SandyINNY

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:40 am

You do need to research. You know your situation. One good thing is your body is yours, and you do have control over it not a doctor. So learn what you can. Maybe something out there will help. I know Mcdougall's eating helped me, and when I'd go off, I'd have a heck of a period. Now at 50 I'm through menopause, and have been for 4 years.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby talkingmountain » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:39 pm

Please do a lot of research before you make this decision; assuming cancer is not an issue, there's no rush.

You may want to research a condition called PCOS, or polycystic ovarian syndrome. Your condition sounds similar to mine and PCOS is what I've been diagnosed with.

Dr. McDougall responded promptly to an email I sent him and assured me that if I stuck with the McDougall program, the PCOS would eventually go away.

Good luck to you!
talkingmountain

Return to The Lounge