What other books to read?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: The End of Overeating

Postby TominTN » Tue May 26, 2009 8:46 pm

PamM wrote:Tom, I was of two minds about whether to recommend this book....

... the bottom line is that I'd recommend taking a look at The End of Overeating, as long as you totally skip the nutrition part!

I agree completely, Pam. I found the information about how cues, triggers, and urges work very interesting, the cognitive strategies helpful, and the nutritional information disappointingly off base.

Tom
Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're probably right.

Weight Loss Through the Magic of Calorie Density: http://wp.me/p1utH8-v
TominTN

the book that changed me

Postby ncyg46 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:57 pm

John Robbins book "Diet for a New America" was an eye opener for me. I have read The China Study and many of the others but that and fast food nation really got me. I still go back and listen and watch some of the dvds I have bought. I have the entire series of vegsource from 2003-2004 on up. Have to review them once in a while to remind myself. I have most of Dr. McDougalls also...missing a few.....budget is low! :D By the way
Diet for a New America is still sitting there in the used bookstore...guess nobody is interested in it. I can't store them all in an rv so some have to go. Ed uses my credit to get his reading material!
ncyg46

Previous

Return to The Lounge