Climate Healers Summit discount on courses?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Climate Healers Summit discount on courses?

Postby zoezuniga » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:29 pm

I sent this message to the email address on the McDougall site but maybe someone here knows the answer to my question about the offer of the courses :eek:

Hi Dr, McDougall,

I enjoyed your talk on the Climate Healers Summit yesterday and wanted to find out about your offer of your 400 and 800 dollar courses for free during the crisis!!!

This is a very generous offer and I would love to take advantage of it!

How do I sign up? It looks like your site still has all the pricing in place but unfortunately I do not have the funds at the moment to sign up the regular way.

I am a wellness writer working on a food addiciton course and have been wanting to take your courses so I can guide people to the plant-based diet through the lense of food addiction.

People think they are "addicted to food" when really they are addicted to processed foods that have very little nutrient value, so they are hungry all the time, they are overweight and dieting all the time, and then they binge on more junk and gain even more weight, as you know.

As soon as they get with high-volume starch and high-fiber whole plant diets the "addiction" goes away.

I am as excited as you are about this new paradigm!!! Suddenly the sky is clear and the air is sweet in Palo Alto California.

I was engulfed by a swarm of friendly traveling bees on a walk the other day as they flew off on some adventure. I mean wow! honeybees had thier worst die-off ever last winter.

Everything is healing and now is our time to pounce!

I am working on a series of articles on home gardening and the true cause of corona virus, the easy way to nurture your immune system in this pandemic etc for my wellness site Mind-Body Clarity. then I publish a version on Medium as well. then I hope to guide people into the plant based diet through activities they can do at home.

I have been depressed about this whole climate and livestock situation just like you. But suddenly I am excited and rearing to go becuase of our opportunity to change the world and save the environment with a plant based system overhaul. This time people will listen!

Warmly

Zoe
zoezuniga

Re: Climate Healers Summit discount on courses?

Postby JeffN » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:42 pm

There will be a formal announcement and mailing on the specifics this week of what Dr McDougall mentioned

In the meantime, most everything else is available at this website for free, as it always has been

https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/educ ... resources/

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=60291

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby VeggieSue » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:13 am

He mentioned the courses being free starting next week.

Jeff, there won't be the usual CEU credit for these, right, just the courses but not the testing?
VeggieSue

Postby John McDougall » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:21 pm

Free online courses should be available next week:

CEU starch Solution = usually $800 (no credit or certification)

CME diet-therapy course = usually $400 (no credit)

See: www.drmcdougall.com

Soon we will release a 10-day on line with Telemedicine based program, and very personal help from our staff - a bargain.

SARS-Co2 sets the time table for reopening live residential programs in Santa Rosa, CA.

John McDougall, MD
John McDougall
Site Admin

Postby Werner1950 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:28 pm

This is good news! Thanks Dr McDougall!
"An ounce of evidence is worth a pound of presumption"
Werner1950

Postby VeggieSue » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:43 am

John McDougall wrote:Soon we will release a 10-day on line with Telemedicine based program, and very personal help from our staff - a bargain.

Very interesting! I remember the old VHS tapes of the older lectures. It'll be nice to see how they changed over the years (If at all!).

Thank you and your staff very, very much.
VeggieSue

Postby kirstykay » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:54 am

Thank you for this generous offer, Dr. McDougall! I plan to take advantage of it, and am very excited that you are making it available to everyone for free! You and Mary are Amazing!
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Werner1950 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:32 am

There will be a formal announcement and mailing on the specifics this week of what Dr McDougall mentioned

Just checking to see if that announcement was made and I missed it.
"An ounce of evidence is worth a pound of presumption"
Werner1950

Postby JeffN » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:33 am

Werner1950 wrote:

Just checking to see if that announcement was made and I missed it.

I think the announcement was moved to this Saturday

Stay tuned

InHealth
Jeff
JeffN

Postby John McDougall » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:01 pm

SOON - Maybe next week?

John McDougall, MD
John McDougall
Site Admin

Postby John McDougall » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:34 pm

look for notice I plan to send out "for free website" items next week.

Go to:www.drmcdougall.com

Click on EDUCATION tab
Choose item (course)

John McDougall, MD
John McDougall
Site Admin

Question for the web site programmer

Postby VeggieSue » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:43 am

I see they're all available now once we fill in the email, name, and click to join the email list.

But all that info must be filled in again each time we revisit the page OR just click to refresh the page. I like to watch full screen, and the next video won't go full screen until the page is refreshed, so I've filled in that form multiple times already.

Each time I fill it in, I get another email asking me to verify that I really want to sign up for the mailing list. Well, I've belonged to the mailing list for years. Since there's no way to NOT click the Join the mailing list button, is there any chance you can get the programmer of the page to not make joining the list mandatory? Or at least make it a yes or no question?

Thanks.
VeggieSue

Return to The Lounge