Food Revolution Summit~free, online

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Food Revolution Summit~free, online

Postby GeoffreyLevens » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:33 pm

The modern diet is making billions of people sick and fat.

If you’re fed up with toxic food, and hungry for a change, then I have wonderful news. My friends, John and Ocean Robbins, are getting ready to bring YOU one of the most powerful free events in the history of food. Have you signed up yet?

Learn the truth about food in the 2018 Food Revolution Summit.

Our current diet is leading to heart disease, dementia, obesity, type 2 diabetes, and other diseases.

But the truth is, you can beat disease, and step into great health — starting with the food on your plate!

From April 28th-May 6th, John and Ocean Robbins are interviewing 24 of the world’s top medical and food experts you can trust, including Joel Fuhrman, MD; Kris Carr; Michael Greger, MD; Vani Hari; Neal Barnard, MD; Dale Bredesen, MD; Mark Hyman, MD; David Perlmutter, MD; and many more.

During this week-long, online event, you’ll gain the latest insights on food and nutrition. And you’ll learn about specific foods that can enhance brain health, prevent cancer, and put you solidly on the path to lasting wellness.

This is the time for fewer pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, added sugars, additives, colorings, and processing.

If we truly want health, now is the time for a food revolution.

If you know that food matters, and you want to do the best for your body and your planet, then this is THE place to be.

Join the Food Revolution Summit and get the resources you need to stand up for real food.

I’ll see you there!

Ty Bollinger

P.S. The Robbinses believe good health is a right — not a privilege, which is why the Food Revolution Summit is free. I hope you’ll join me! All you need to do is click the link to reserve your spot and get the truth from experts you can trust.
GeoffreyLevens

Re: Food Revolution Summit~free, online

Postby gracezw » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Geoffrey, thank you for posting this! I posted it too a couple of days ago here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57781

Do you plan to watch any of the presenters?
gracezw

Postby colonyofcells » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:38 pm

If I have time, will try to review the videos since they will probably have some pseudoscience. For example, there is actually no evidence that gmo foods are causing any disease.
From the last year videos, I seem to remember John Robbins gave details of his diet and he seems to sometimes eat some wild seafood so many of the videos and advice will probably not be in agreement with the Dr Mcdougall diet.
colonyofcells

Postby verovegan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:04 pm

I have kept up with John Robbins over the years and admired his and now his son's work. I realize that many of the speakers for the Food Revolution Summit advocate a plant-based diet. However I am disappointed that David Permutter and Mark Hyman are also featured presenters. They both advocate eating animal products.
verovegan

Postby gracezw » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:51 pm

You have all figured it out! :-) Thanks for sharing!

colonyofcells wrote:If I have time, will try to review the videos since they will probably have some pseudoscience. For example, there is actually no evidence that gmo foods are causing any disease.
From the last year videos, I seem to remember John Robbins gave details of his diet and he seems to sometimes eat some wild seafood so many of the videos and advice will probably not be in agreement with the Dr Mcdougall diet.
gracezw

Postby gracezw » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:53 pm

Thank you too! Do you know why the Robbins include the two animal products eating presenters?

verovegan wrote:I have kept up with John Robbins over the years and admired his and now his son's work. I realize that many of the speakers for the Food Revolution Summit advocate a plant-based diet. However I am disappointed that David Permutter and Mark Hyman are also featured presenters. They both advocate eating animal products.
gracezw

Postby colonyofcells » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:29 pm

In the interviews of omnivores, the interview does not focus on animal products but on some other topic that John Robbins does agree with.
colonyofcells

Postby GlennR » Sat May 05, 2018 7:06 pm

It does put me off when speakers like Hyman are interviewed on these conferences as it, to some degree, gives them a look of legitimacy and he has very little supporting science behind some of his core views and the supplements he sells.
Glenn
GlennR

Postby colonyofcells » Sat May 05, 2018 7:20 pm

So far, the interviewer is careful in the questions so nobody tries to promote animal products. One guy did mention some types of seafood oils for vitamin d in passing but he did not emphasize them.
colonyofcells

Postby GlennR » Sat May 05, 2018 7:28 pm

colonyofcells wrote:So far, the interviewer is careful in the questions so nobody tries to promote animal products. One guy did mention some types of seafood oils for vitamin d in passing but he did not emphasize them.

They do provide a link to his site though.
Glenn
GlennR

Postby colonyofcells » Sat May 05, 2018 7:39 pm

Dr Joel Fuhrman does not promote animal products but he seems to allow about 5% as a compromise. I am more wary of pseudoscience like unproven claims of reversing cancer and reversing alzheimer's. Dr Dean Ornish did not mention his breast cancer research but he mentioned he has current research on alzheimer's that is ongoing.
colonyofcells

Postby gracezw » Sat May 05, 2018 10:03 pm

That is good to know! Thanks for sharing!

colonyofcells wrote:Dr Joel Fuhrman does not promote animal products but he seems to allow about 5% as a compromise. I am more wary of pseudoscience like unproven claims of reversing cancer and reversing alzheimer's. Dr Dean Ornish did not mention his breast cancer research but he mentioned he has current research on alzheimer's that is ongoing.
gracezw

Postby colonyofcells » Sun May 06, 2018 2:56 pm

John Robbins takes supplements vitamin b12, vitamin d3, vitamin k2, algae epa/dha omega 3, zinc which are probably more than what Dr Mcdougall recommends.
colonyofcells

Postby Jobet » Sun May 06, 2018 4:05 pm

I listened in the beginning, until they got to Daniel G. Amen. Can't remember what he said exactly, but it made me think he was okay with eating meat so I just tuned out after that. There are too many good speakers out there who know the dangers of meat, so I'm no longer wasting my time listening to the others. I looked up Amen's cookbook just a few minutes ago when I found this thread and he has recipes for meat and also recommends oils.
Last edited by Jobet on Sun May 06, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blessings,

Jobet
Jobet

Postby colonyofcells » Sun May 06, 2018 6:11 pm

John Robbins is probably just trying to be ecumenical and some of the speakers also mentioned the ecumenical meeting from a few years ago called Oldways Finding Common Ground where various nutrition gurus tried to come up with a common statement about healthy eating. All of the nutrition guides from the countries probably include some animal products including Finland which is often mentioned by vegan gurus as having a good diet guide.
colonyofcells

Return to The Lounge