Proverbs31Woman's Spring 2009 Journey

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby proverbs31woman » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:48 pm

I've been away from this forum and strictly McDougall eating for far too long. I'm 8 pounds over my goal weight and although I've been going to the gym semi-regularly, I can see the added inches. It was cool when they only seemed to be coming back on my breasts, but now it's trickling down to my waistline.

Also, I feel like I'm more susceptible to getting sick since SAD eating wrecks my immune system.

I want to get back on track, but I hate to start something and not finish it again. I want that same resolve that I had when I started this journey in June of 2008. I envy people who are able to remain 100 % with only the occasional SAD dish.

I've wanted to try the regular McDougall plan because I feel as if it the best for my tast buds at this time (MWL is too strict for me at this point), but I find the regular meals intimidating and the MWL meals too bland.

I really need to spend one day just trying new recipes. I need to go to the store with at least 7 simple regular McDougall recipes in mind. I was thinking about doing Mary's Mini for a couple of weeks to rev up my weight loss. It's worked in the past.

I guess you all can see that I'm dealing with confusion here. I will think about it and pray about it tonight, and let God lead me tomorrow.

I'll be back with an update if my day doesn't get too busy.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:20 pm

I started following the Mary's Mini plan today. I figure it will be easier for me that way, and it has.

Here's what I had to eat:

Early this Morning: rice cakes (about three) and a tangerine
Lunch: brown rice, refried beans (diluted with oatmeal), lettuce, and salsa.
Afternoon Meal: brown rice, refried beans (diluted with oatmeal), lettuce, and salsa.
Dinner: brown rice and Bush's baked beans

I probably had more than the limit of one cup of beans, but I'm glad that I did stay on the McDougall plan today even if I veared off of the MWL plan.

Also, this morning I went to my fitness class at the gym, and I ran a mile in 30 minutes and lifted weights. We didn't do an abs workout, which is a bummer, but I'm glad that I completed the race.

I'm tempted to create a Ticker for this new journey, but I don't want to make a big deal out of it. I just simply want to lose weight.

Oh, I weighed myself this morning, and I weigh 153.75 lbs. That's 8 lbs. over my goal weight of 145.
proverbs31woman

Postby Letha. » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:16 am

Hi proverbs31woman,
Stopping by to see what you’re up to this week. You know, I’ve mixed a lot of stuff into my oats over the past 7 months, but I’ve not yet mixed together beans and oatmeal. Very interesting. I’ll have to try that down the road. Good job on the exercise. :)
Letha
Letha.

Postby proverbs31woman » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:28 pm

Thanks for your comment, Letha! Just make sure that the oats are uncooked when you mix them. (I'm not sure if that was obvious or not).

Anyway, today was a good day. I ran a mile this morning and did an upper and lower body weight-training routine with my fitness class.

I ate well aside from the two cookies that I had around lunch time.

I'm proud of myself thus far. I can't wait to weigh in on Monday to see how much I've lost, and I especially can't wait for my clothes to start fitting a little loser again.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:59 pm

I am enjoying my current eating plan. I guess because I'm not paying that much attention to the way I eat, I feel better about it. I've been eating mostly the Mary's Mini way with the addition of beans although I had a veggie delite sandwich from Subway both yesterday and today. I'll see how the weigh-in goes on Monday.

I think I may need to start eating pretty much the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day and changing what I eat for dinner. That is a great tool for losing weight.

Well, tomorrow I'll be planting my first vegetable garden. We'll see how that goes. I'm hoping that it will be fun.
proverbs31woman

I've Lost 2.75 lbs.!

Postby proverbs31woman » Mon May 04, 2009 8:50 pm

I'm glad to report that my weight is down 2.75 lbs. since last Monday, and I'm on my period, so I'm surprised to get a good number in spite of that. Also, I haven't been eating completely on plan, but I guess the changes that I have made make a huge difference. I also did my weight-training and running my body works class today. My heart rate got up to 157, and I'm glad to report that when I went to the dentist the other day, and my blood pressure was checked, it was only 112 over 60-something. Good!

I plan to get with it this week and try to eat oatmeal for breakfast, potato slices with carrots for lunch, and potato slices with veggies and carrots for dinner. I have a lot of potatoes that I need to get rid of, so I'll try to eat potatoes all week.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Wed May 06, 2009 9:23 pm

I'm still doing pretty well. I'm just concentrating on trying to eat healthier and not becoming to fixated with it. I did mess up a little today by eating some cheese and a luna bar, but I try to do better at the next meal. I've been eating oatmeal in the morning and I ran a mile this morning with my workout class. I'm hoping that I'll be able to run a little more on Friday since I plan to bring some music along with me to motivate me.

God has really been good! I cannot complain.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Sat May 09, 2009 8:41 pm

I'm still feeling good about the way that I'm eating. I had some tests done at the doctor's office the other day. Everything's looking good. I'll try to post the results soon. I didn't workout on Friday morning, but I did go to the zoo with my son's kindergarten class. I did a lot of walking, but I did have some nachos with cheese and some french fries. Although I know that they were not something that I should be eating, I ate them without too much reservation since I've been seeming to lose weight effortlessly lately. My clothes are fitting loosely. I like this feeling, but it's a bummer that I just bought some new clothes. I think running a mile three days a week has been helping with the weight loss.

Well, I'm looking forward to tomorrow since it is mother's day. My brother-in-law is supposed to be having a get together at his house after church. He usually caters to my way of eating aside from some oil and dairy, but I plan to enjoy the holiday and not worry too much about food. I might wake up in the morning and do a workout from video on demand since I didn't get to workout three days last week. I want to be able to tell my fitness instructor that I did makeup for the day that I wasn't there.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Sat May 09, 2009 8:41 pm

I'm still feeling good about the way that I'm eating. I had some tests done at the doctor's office the other day. Everything's looking good. I'll try to post the results soon. I didn't workout on Friday morning, but I did go to the zoo with my son's kindergarten class. I did a lot of walking, but I did have some nachos with cheese and some french fries. Although I know that they were not something that I should be eating, I ate them without too much reservation since I've been seeming to lose weight effortlessly lately. My clothes are fitting loosely. I like this feeling, but it's a bummer that I just bought some new clothes. I think running a mile three days a week has been helping with the weight loss.

Well, I'm looking forward to tomorrow since it is mother's day. My brother-in-law is supposed to be having a get together at his house after church. He usually caters to my way of eating aside from some oil and dairy, but I plan to enjoy the holiday and not worry too much about food. I might wake up in the morning and do a workout from video on demand since I didn't get to workout three days last week. I want to be able to tell my fitness instructor that I did makeup for the day that I wasn't there.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Mon May 11, 2009 9:03 pm

Things have been going well. I haven't been eating the best, but I've been seeing results and I feel healthy and fit. I ran around our gym class over 100 times this morning, and we did a full body weight-training workout. I checked my heart rate after I was done running, and it was 173. I was tired. Today I didn't have to go to work, so I spent a good amount on the computer, trying to catch up on some work, then my mother-in-law and some friends of the family came over and helped me plant a garden. We planted squash, butter beans, bell peppers, cayenne peppers, basil, okra, and cucumbers. I can't wait to see the harvest. This is my first garden, so I am so proud. I'm just thinking of things to plant now. I enjoyed being outside in the dirt, and my son loved it too. I can't wait to see a harvest.

I have eaten some SAD foods the last couple of days, but I'm proud of myself for not going overboard with it and showing some restraint. My husband has been eating better as well. He is now conscious about what he eats. It's good to not be the only one who is apprehensive about going out to eat.

I weighed myself this morning, and I'm down 1/2 a pound. I know it could've been more if I would've ben more dilligent. This week I will try to workout three days a week like I should and be more dilligent about eating on plan.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Mon May 18, 2009 9:17 pm

I went to the gym this morning and I had a good workout. Last week I was consistent in exercising 3 days a week, but I wasn't consistent in eating right, so I gained a pound and a half. I knew that the number wouldn't be good because I had pizza, turkey patties, snickers bars, and more vegenaise than I should have.

I did better today though. What I need to do is eating Mary's Mini style during the day then eat something different at night if I have anything in mind. I have a lot of potatoes so I've been trying to get rid of them.

I know that next week with all of the running I've been doing and with eating well, I'll have a much better number. I'm proud of myself though because I'm not letting it get the best of me. It is what it is.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Tue May 26, 2009 9:26 pm

I haven't been eating well, but I've been consistent in exercising three days a week. Although it was Memorial Day on Monday, I went to the gym and ran for 30 minutes on the treadmill. It was somewhat fun. I was running next to a guy who looked like he was in his 30s and in good shape. He kept running intervals, and I just ran the whole way through.

There was another guy running a couple of treadmills away from me. I felt strong in the midst of all of this. I had my head up and my arms swinging and I was going about 4.0 mph most of the time.

I used to hate the treadmill, but after that, I feel as if I can tolerate it. Well, I'm on to better eating now.
proverbs31woman

Postby proverbs31woman » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:41 pm

I've been up and down with my eating lately. I took a home pregnancy test the other day, and the results came back positive, so I'm extremely excited about that.

I want to give my back a healthy start by following the McDougall plan throughout my pregnancy. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for my first visit, then I plan to start my new pregnancy journal, tracking my eating throughout those months.

This should be fun!
proverbs31woman

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals