I appreciated the info about the candidates' health

Give us your thoughts on the latest McDougall mailings here

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve

I appreciated the info about the candidates' health

Postby somnolent » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:21 am

I was sorry to read in the latest newsletter that there were so many negative responses to the piece about the candidates' health. Maybe I am opening up a can of worms here, but I for one think that the health of our President is very important. Thank you, Dr. McDougall, for speaking out about a difficult subject.
somnolent

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:41 am

I agreed.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Carol » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:07 am

Me too...agree that is. Stirring up trouble gets attention though and attention to these issues is what he wants (my opinion of course). After all, to all the SADers out there, vegetables and fruits just aren't that exciting. But stir the pot a little and everybody is talking about it. Pure genious. :)
Carol

Postby Ladybug » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:11 am

I agree also. Keep up the good work, Dr McDougall.
Ladybug

Postby hope101 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:00 pm

:thumbsup:

Being a wayshower is hard work. Good thing those shoulders are so broad.
The perfect is the enemy of the good."--Voltaire
hope101

Postby karin_kiwi » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:14 pm

:thumbsup:

I was a little surprised by the extent of the negative reaction in the first thread, you know, 'that one.' Guess I shouldn't have been.

Keep it up, Dr McDougall.
karin_kiwi

Dr McD for President!![wouldn't that be cool?]

Postby veggiecat » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:16 am

I enjoyed the commentary.Too bad there is so much hostility in politics.
Best wishes,Cat
veggiecat

Postby MadcityVegan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:27 am

I was disappointed that he only address 2 candidates health. I don't know if anyone has noticed but there is more than 2 people running!!!

Alex Jones: How The Two Party System is a Fraud

http://www.infowars.com/?p=4368

Jesse Ventura speaks out on two-party system

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/07/jesse-ventura-speaks-out-on-two-party-system-libertarians-ron-paul-on-al-jazeera-interview/

I can understand why he would get negative feedback. I like coming to this site to get away from Obama and McCain love. But it is his right, and I thank him for exercising it.

Now since both candidates he addressed voted to reauthorize the patriot act and obviously have no respect for the United States Constitution, enjoy that right while you can!
MadcityVegan

Postby eaufraiche703 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:06 am

Dr McDougall can cover any topic he chooses - his newsletter; his forum.

However, I don't recall ever being so aware of political bias as during this difficult election process! One used to have to use tally sheets to guess the aisle affiliation of newscasters - as well as entertainers such as Leno and Letterman. This year, all bets have been off in that regard. It's painstakingly obvious where the aforementioned stand.

Details and events that should have been discussed and covered have been ignored. Details and events that would have ended (or severly maimed) the political aspirations of others have been ignored.

On Thursday, surprisingly, Tom Brokaw AND Charlie Rose mused, in their respective broadcasts, that "we really don't know very much about Barach Obama."

Hmm....whom might we hold accountable for that misstep in fair and equal reporting?

Michael Jordan has proven he is both brilliant athlete and clever public figure. When recently asked why he has not endorsed a candidate, he replied, "Both Republicans and Democrats buy underwear."

Why would those possessing brilliance risk alienating those who might hold different views (but, gasp, might also be intelligent enough to formulate their view)?

Both Republicans and Democrats seek nutritional advice. We were all bright enough to find Dr McDougall and this forum.
eaufraiche703

Return to Comments on Latest Newsletter or Star McDougaller