Here's what I have in my Cardfile. I know the big toppings list has been posted to the forums before but you're right, it didn't come up when I tried to search now, either.
This list is a compilation of a few different messages from the old McDougall board on VegSource.
Subject: leslie and Jan TZ...a compilation of potato toppings (m)
Date: January 25, 2002 at 5:10 am PST
This list was compiled from Jan Tzâ€™s November 20, 2001 posting, as well as the additions of others that same date and recent January 24, 2002 postings. Quite the list!
1) brown gravy
2) onion gravy
3) mushroom gravy
4) onion-mushroom gravy (good grief)
5) garlic-mushroom gravy
7) BBQ sauce
10) creamed corn (thanks, Sandie!)
11) spicy beans of all sorts
12) sweet and sour sauce
13) chickpea gravy
14) taco sauce
15) mix the innards of a baked spud with pureed squash
16) mash spudz with cooked carrots
17) posole gravy
18) chili gravy
19) tofu sour creme
20) spaghetti sauce
These are additional suggestions that were not part of Janâ€™s list:
21) anchovie-free Worcestershire sauce
22) A-1 steak sauce
23) steamed broccoli and cheez sauce
24) cream-style corn
25) fatfree gravies
27) steamed veggies
28) veg bakon bits
29) thick soups (split pea is yummy)
30) Pot Roastless Potato--put steamed carrots and onions inside a baked potato and smother with vegetarian gravy
31) Black Bean Beauties (bbq onions w/pureed black beans
32) Martha Stewart Garlic Roasted Potatoes
33) mushroom stroganoff
35) balsamic vinegar
36) lentil sloppy joe
37) stir fry with sweet and sour sauce
39) fresh butternut squash with fresh pepper and vegan "butter".
40) Salad Potato--not quite the same as Potato Salad...I dice (really small) cucumber and tomato and let it sit in Seasoned Rice Vinegar while the potato is cooking--then add it along with a few sliced black olives (I'm like that kid in the commercial who finally finds his true family when he sees them with olives on all their fingers...)--salt and pepper. This is good because it's got the hot/cold thing going on--and the seasoned rice vinegar is sweet/salty. Yum!
I like this on taters and brown rice - try succotash (limas, corn, tomatoes) and maybe a little of the juice.
cheese sauce made from nutritional yeast
dump a can of Bush's baked vegetarian beans over cooked potatoes