What is your routine?

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

What is your routine?

Postby jaysmetalart » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:53 am

My routine is a combination of P90x Plyometrics on day 1,3 and 5. And P90x Shoulders and Arms and then I run a 5K on day 2,4, and 6. I take the 7th day off. I have found that I like the running more and more. I find that eating potatoes a few hours before a run gives me so much energy that I look forward to the run days with great expectation...Jay
jaysmetalart

Re: What is your routine?

Postby hdewitt » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:17 am

I used to lift, and I MISS it. But right now I run a 5k four days a week. I love running in the early A.M.
hdewitt

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm doing yoga this winter. I just finished yoga teacher training school. I can't wait until a bit more daylight so I can start walking also.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby MommaLuna » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:27 pm

I go to our local YMCA three days a week. On Mondays, Wednesday and Friday I do an hour class of strength training using free weights and barbells. We also do some mat work for abs...lots of ab work. :mad: I also do two 1-hour long yoga classes a week...I love yoga!! :-D

On my Y days I walk on the treadmill between 30 and 45 minutes. Tuesday and Thursdays I walk in my neighborhood 1 hour each day, enjoying books on tape as I walk. Weekends are off routine wise but my husband and I usually get in a hike or work in yard, etc.

I'm such a routine freak that I need to stay with this or it's too easy for me just to do nothing. So I get it done first thing every day. I feel so much better when I keep this routine...physically, mentally and emotionally.

Linda
MommaLuna

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:12 pm

Linda
You have a really nice overall routine. I am sure it helps to keep you from being bored too.
Faith
Faith in DC

Postby MommaLuna » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Thank you Faith. Yes, I love my routine and luckily since I'm retired I can do it in the mornings...not at 5:00 am like when I worked. And less of it then.

Today I had really sad news though. My favorite yoga instructor got a promotion at her work (Yeah!) but won't be able to teach on Wednesday's anymore :( . I will miss her so. Her replacement is a very nice lady who has lots of enthusiasm for yoga but she doesn't have the experience to answer all the questions the class has.

Now I have to decide whether to take my former instructor's evening classes :( or stay with the day classes and feel like I'm missing out. I guess I'll give it a few weeks and see what happens.

We'll probably all learn together. :-D

Linda
MommaLuna

Postby Faith in DC » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Oh darn. I had that happen. I wasn't able to take a day class though since I do work. So I decided to stick out the pre-paid sessions with the new teacher. Luckily she turned out to be great and funny as all get out. I like some humor in my yoga. She was also very knowledgable though.

Hopefully if you ask something that she doesn't know she will research it. That is the only way us new yoga instructors will learn. I know I keep reading away and ordering more and more reference books.
Faith
Faith in DC

Postby MommaLuna » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:23 pm

I will hope she is as dedicated as you. ;-) I have taken her classes when she was brand new and liked them. She just isn't my Paulette! But she does some cool things that Paulette doesn't do so I'll concentrate on those good things.

I'd like to try your class but there is about 3,000 miles that separate us. Maybe someday!

Linda
MommaLuna

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:09 pm

The world famous Yogi's travel around and get big crowds to attend their special workshops. So when I get famous I'll head to Oregon. I visited there once and liked it.
Faith
Faith in DC

Postby MommaLuna » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:01 pm

You have a room at my place!
MommaLuna

Postby Moorland » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:26 pm

These days I am doing cardio because I want to lose some of body weight. MY daily workout routine is such as:
Jogging: 15 minutes,
Cycling: 10 minutes,
Push ups: 25,
Pull ups: 25,
sits ups: 25,
crunches: 25.
Moorland

Return to Exercise and Fitness