Heart Attack Prevention and Recovery Forum

Request an improvement for Dr. McDougall's programs, website or messageboard.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve

Heart Attack Prevention and Recovery Forum

Postby sbkris » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Would love to see a topic of heart attack prevention and recovery here for individuals and their families that have experienced the trauma of having a heart attack or heart surgery.
If there is one already, apologies, I guess I missed it. (:
Thanks,
Kris

http://www.wellnesstalkradio.com
sbkris

Re: Heart Attack Prevention and Recovery Forum

Postby f1jim » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:32 pm

I'd say, next to weight loss, the biggest issue here is probably dealing with some form of heart disease. Heart attacks, atrial fibrilation, clogged arteries are rampant among the membership rolls. Also, because heart disease kills more diabetics than any other issue, it affects them as well. Of course, obesity and heart disease are closely linked. Most every question and answer ultimately comes back around to heart disease around here and the whole group of forums tends to reflect it's importance. being someone faced with those issues I see it woven through most all the threads. I never really gave much thought to having a heart attack board because of it. I'm curious what would be gained from a specific board for that issue that isn't really being addressed now?
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at http://www.drmcdougall.com/star.html Scroll to James Brown
f1jim

Re: Heart Attack Prevention and Recovery Forum

Postby Brad » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:01 am

That's a good question sbKris and Jim gave a thought provoking answer/question. Being one of the aforemention CAD people I'd say that the gain would indeed be minimal from an information added perspective. But it could focus on the emphasis on no oils and elimination of oil-laden foods such as nut, avocados, olives, etc. that are already mentioned throughout the site. However, it might focus those issues more compactly including the work by Dr. Esselstyn. I also think a seperate forum would draw people approaching a healthy lifestyle from a cardiac concern in addition to those with weight (albeit connected as mentioned) or other healh issue or those seeking general health through a plant based (vegan) lifestyle.

Just stirring the vegetable stock pot....
Brad
My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
Brad

Return to Requests