New Videos?

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

New Videos?

Postby VeggieSue » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:28 am

I'm finally able to watch those ASW videos and yesterday got about half-way through your "nuts" lecture before I had to cede use of the computer to another family member.

You mentioned during that lecture that you have 3 new videos coming out a few weeks after that weekend - a follow-up to the Fast Food one, an Engine 2 fast food video, and burgers and fries (Unless you were really joking about that one).

Do you have a release date yet?
VeggieSue

Re: New Videos?

Postby JeffN » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:19 am

The "nuts" talk will be out in about 2-3 weeks.

There will be 2 new Fast Food DVDs, one called Fast Food Volume 2, & the other is called "Burgers & Fries" which are being filmed in mid November and should be out in Dec. The E2 one is on hold for right now.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby VeggieSue » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks.
VeggieSue

Postby hastings » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:21 pm

JeffN wrote:There will be 2 new Fast Food DVDs, one called Fast Food Volume 2, & the other is called "Burgers & Fries" which are being filmed in mid November and should be out in Dec.

Cool. Care to give us any teasers about what will be in Fast Food 2, or how it augments your original Fast Food DVD?
hastings

Postby Wanderlust » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:31 am

Hi Jeff,

Have you ever considered making your DVDs available to purchase and download online? I would love to get more of you lectures, I just hate paying for the overseas postage.
- Sue
Wanderlust

Postby susie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:19 pm

I echo the download request. Coming from Australia, I ordered the fast food dvd while I wa away touring the country. I beat it home!!! Not hard given it was 8 weeks coming snail mail. I find the $20, quick postage a bit much. However some things are worth the price.

Jocelyn :lol:
susie

Postby WWDonna » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:52 pm

I prefer getting a DVD than having to download something on the computer.
WWDonna

Postby junkfoodvegan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:24 pm

I would love to just be able to download it instead of buying a DVD. No packaging/no waste.
junkfoodvegan

Postby hastings » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:49 pm

JeffN wrote:There will be 2 new Fast Food DVDs, one called Fast Food Volume 2, & the other is called "Burgers & Fries" which are being filmed in mid November and should be out in Dec.

Jeff - is Fast Food Volume 2 still looking good for December? Maybe in time to order for a holiday gift?
hastings

Postby JeffN » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:58 pm

hastings wrote:

Jeff - is Fast Food Volume 2 still looking good for December? Maybe in time to order for a holiday gift?

I don't think it will make 2011 as we had to delay the filming several weeks.

However, the DVD, "Nuts and Health: What The Science Really Says," which was filmed at the September 2011 Advanced Study Weekend, should be out any day now and will be released here first.

Then, we have 3 more Fast Food DVDs, lined up and it looks like they will be released as they are finished in 1st Qtr 2012.

They are
Fast Food Volume 2: Burgers and Fries
Fast Food Volume 3: Shopping School
Fast Food Volume 4: Beyond The Basics

More details to follow soon!

Thanks

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby hastings » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:46 pm

^ Looking forward to all those! Thanks.
hastings

Postby ncyg46 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:37 pm

junkfoodvegan wrote:I would love to just be able to download it instead of buying a DVD. No packaging/no waste.

and no ruined dvds! :-( I learned my lesson about loaning out any videos! :-( :-(
ncyg46

Return to Jeff Novick, RD