Great treatment for yeast/Candida infections on the skin

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Great treatment for yeast/Candida infections on the skin

Postby Birdy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:09 pm

Recently, I went for a routine checkup and my doctor commented that I have a candida infection on the skin under my breasts. It's been there for 2 or 3 years, coming and going. I've tried various remedies including corn starch which she said is a big no-no because the candida feeds on it, and I tried coconut oil which, like honey, is supposed to have natural substances that kill the yeast infection. It was soothing, but did nothing to get rid of the infection. She said to try regular old Vicks Vapor Rub because it contains eucalyptus oil that actually can kill the infection. Lo and behold, it seems to be working not just to relieve the discomfort but the infection seems to be going away completely. Try it! I only use it at night because obviously who wants to go around smelling like Vicks?
Birdy

Postby Donna R » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:37 pm

great that the candida is going away! Vicks is also good for toenail fungus, and maybe even for arthritis. people write to Dr. Gott to tell about their experiences. I think the Vicks smell goes away after awhile. I think the camphor and menthol in it can kill things, too!

I don't anything very severe but the red places do sometimes come in hot weather so when I get dressed I use baby power.
~ Donna
Donna R

Return to Health Issues