Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts by Chef AJ

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts by Chef AJ

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:35 pm

This was one of the recipes prepared on the 50th episode of the Chef and the Dietician, right at the end of the piece.

I put it together today, and BOY is it ever yummy!

Over baked sweets potatoes and reds...YUM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHqKMY8mf4k

the link goes to the video, and it is the last recipe. All of the whole feast looks just yummy. I shall make the twice baked sweet potatoes and the not-tuna salad AND the maple glazed brussels sprouts :) for my Thanksgiving feast.

1/2 c fine diced onion or shallot (I used red onion)
1/4 c maple syrup
1 T dijon mustard
1 T cornstarch/arrowroot
1 T soy sauce
1 lb blanched brussels sprouts

saute the onion over medium high heat until it is soft and browning

meanwhile, combine the syrup, cornstarch, soy sauce and mustard and whisk to smooth out the cornstarch.

Add syrup mixture to onion in skillet, then put in the blanched brussels sprouts and heat through.

YUM!
Next time I make this, I'll use a whole cup of minced onion because it adds a yummy savory flavor to it. :nod:

I always trim the ends of my brussels sprouts, and cut the larger ones in half lengthwise for uniformity of size. Also, cutting in half opens up the brussels sprouts to crisping (when roasting) or just capturing the yummy glaze :D :D :D

Good stuff, Maynard!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning