Okay they are done! As with cooking many of these recipes for the first time I have learned a few things. First, the ratio of corn meal to water was spot on. Unfortunately I tried to get it all on a single cooking sheet. The problem, not being able to spread the paste like dough to the desired thickness. Both ends of the pan were thin and the middle was a bit thick. I probably should have taken a bit more time to thin the dough/batter out more. Even then, I think going with two batches would have been a better idea.
Since some of the "chips" were a bit thick that increased the cooking time. I used the two sessions of 45 minutes, but many were still not crunchy, so I decided to go with the broil to see how it would work. It worked well enough that is dried out much of the remaining moisture. Some got a bit too cooked, but did have a nice crunch. LOL.
The wife is actually using then now to dip in a homemade salsa. I think I would like a bit more flavoring too. I did use what the recipe called for. You can see how they came out below.