Speedy international stew

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Speedy international stew

Postby velvetelvis » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:42 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18073&start=15

Just in case this doesn't work:

SPPEDY INTERNATIONAL STEW

2 (14.5 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes (seasoned with either Intalian, Maxican, or Cajun seasoning
1 (15 oz.) can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 (16 0z.) can of corn kernels (drained and rinsed)

Place all ingredients in a medium sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Makes 4 servings.
velvetelvis

Postby Nettie » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:25 am

debbie wrote:I hear reference about this all the time. I cannot find it in any of the books I have. Can someone be so kind as to post it? My curiousity is peaked.

Thank you

It's on page 88 of the Q&E cookbook. My husband loves this, and, of course, it couldn't be easier!

Nettie
Nettie

Postby ellabella2011 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:50 pm

Oh this sounds so good! I hate to cook!

Simple and delicious sounding. My kind of recipe! I think I will make it and serve it over a bed of steamed spinach with a little brown rice.

Yum. Thank you so much!
ellabella2011

Postby Lilliane » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:51 pm

This is good, and one I make a lot. Served it twice this week, once using canned beans, Mexican spices and mixed with ww pasta shells. Today using crockpot black beans mixed with tomatoes, frozen corn and some mexican spices, cumin, chili and oregeno. Served over a cup of rice and piled with lettuce, tomatoes and onions, drizzeled with salsa and a little cashew cheese. Yum!
Next time I will use Italian herbs and pasta with it. This also works just as well using pinto or red beans. Good, fast and easy! :-D
Lilliane
Lilliane

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning