- Health and Science
- The Free Program
- McDougall Newsletter
- Success Stories
- Search »
Join Dr. McDougall along with fellow McDougallers in lively discussions and share your opinions.
pinkrose wrote:chey wrote:So, I can eat as much white flour as I want! and still get good results on this diet?
How much do you want???
mcfruitarian wrote:I agree frozenveg.
Though it was easy for me to give up sugar 10 years ago, I have struggled with white flour all along. I am trying again. This time I might find a way to succeed. While low white flower might not be harmful and toxic, it is addictive and I could over eat it.
I am keen to know how your experience on how you keep it under control as a component without turning it into a meal.
mcfruitarian wrote:frozenveg, how do you know that the bread at the restaurant or any bread that you purchase does not contain vegetable oil?
My white flour consumption has been mainly from the bread that I purchase. But now, that I am on the MWL, I am off bread all together. Very much like you, I wil re introduce it after I achieve my weight. I remain concerned that I might end up overheating bread and regain weight.
1) Could you elaborate on your weightloss rate.
How often did you weigh yourself?
How many Kg did you lose weekly?
Was the loss consistent throughout the period?
2) Another question, while you were on the MWL programme, did you have any fruit?
3) When you ate outside the house, how did you manage to order brown rice and not white rice. Most of the asian eateries in my area serve white rice only.
mcfruitarian wrote:Do you mind that I ask you further questions:
1) For your green salad, what sauce do you make/use ?
In my unhealthy vegan days, I use to spray my salad with olive oil and add avocado - in addition to lemon and other natural condiments. Now, I am not sure how to eat my salad.
2) Can you find raisins without vegetable oils? Do I need to look harder?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest