6 things to bring to Thanksgiving dinner....

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

6 things to bring to Thanksgiving dinner....

Postby Lani Muelrath » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:15 am

For those of us who have opted out of flesh for feasts, simply sitting down to the family gathering with a big, lifeless and featherless bird in the center of the table can present a challenge – and at the least offend the sensibilities. Whether you’re still in transition to plant-based eating or a longtime veteran, the issues are there, right along with the need for strategies to navigate a social situation that may – especially for the plant-based virgin – feel awkward.,,,

Those of us who see the world through a different lens – outside the ‘eating the animals’ box – can be made to feel like we are the oddballs. It seems we are given two primary options: either laugh off the jokes about our dietary plan, or stand our ground with dour tidings of the reality of the animals-on-your-plate world.

Here is a list of tips I hope you find helpful and supportive for your flesh-free Thanksgiving feast – Plantsgiving!

A Plant-Based Guide to Thriving at Thanksgiving: 6 Things To Bring to Thanksgiving Dinner

Happy, healthy holidays!

Lani
Lani Muelrath

Re: 6 things to bring to Thanksgiving dinner....

Postby schermel » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:47 am

I especially the last tip about not making a big deal about a dish being vegan/fat free/healthy.
I must admit that I enjoy watching the food network. I always get a chuckle when someone makes a vegetable dish and points out that it is healthy, but still delicious. Like they need to apologize for cooking healthy food.

Thanks for the tips.
schermel

Re: 6 things to bring to Thanksgiving dinner....

Postby Lani Muelrath » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:56 am

schermel wrote:I especially the last tip about not making a big deal about a dish being vegan/fat free/healthy.
I must admit that I enjoy watching the food network. I always get a chuckle when someone makes a vegetable dish and points out that it is healthy, but still delicious. Like they need to apologize for cooking healthy food.

Thanks for the tips.

Schermel,

You are so right! :lol: So transparent! Glad you like the tips and thank you so much for adding your reflections.

Lani
Lani Muelrath

Return to Exercise and Fitness