"Yet at the same time, there are many very toxic chemicals that we seem to ignore. If you look at the top 10, or even 50, or even 100 chemicals that are causing health problems and death, do you think MSG would be in any of those lists? Yet, how many things in those lists, especially the top 10, do you think people are ignoring?"
Mr. Novick, you said above when giving answer to another question on your board. will you tell me please what are those top 10 toxic chemicals? where can I learn more about these ignored toxic chemical in our foods?
Sure, but with a little "edit" to my comment.
My comment is in relation not only to specific "chemicals" but also behaviors, as many of our behaviors are as toxic if not more so, then many chemicals.
1) Nicotine (including second hand smoke)
2) Excess Calories ( obesity is now second only to tobacco)
3) Inadequate Fruits & Veggies (and all the beneficial chemicals in them)
5) Alcohol (a known carcinogen)
6) Saturated Fat
8 ) Hydrogenated Fats/Trans Fats
10) Inadequate Fiber
10) Excess refined concentrated sugar/sweeteners
11) Excess refined processed carbohydrates.
The above 11 are responsible for more death than anything else.
In regard to specific chemicals I would add in (in no particular order)
- Auto Emissions
- Diesel Emissions
- Carbon tetrachloride
- Polycyclic organic matter (POM), of which benzo[a]pyrene is a member. Sources of air emissions are diverse and include cigarette smoke, vehicle exhaust, home heating, laying tar, and grilling meat.
I would be interested to see what anyone else would add to the list.