Greed more than need

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Greed more than need

Postby sjbell » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:04 am

Hi jeff
I love the principles of calorie density and not calorie counting but I am greedy!!! I love the snap meals,oatmeal, vegetables, rice and potatoes. I have still 7lb to
Lose. I am petite and evidently eat too much to lose weight. How do I address the greed? I've fallen in to the trap in the past of too any green veg and not enough starch and ended up with gut problems so any tips to help portion control?
sjbell

Re: Greed more than need

Postby JeffN » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:20 am

sjbell wrote:Hi jeff
I love the principles of calorie density and not calorie counting but I am greedy!!! I love the snap meals,oatmeal, vegetables, rice and potatoes. I have still 7lb to
Lose. I am petite and evidently eat too much to lose weight. How do I address the greed? /quote]

I guess you have to decide which you love more, your "greed" or your 7 lbs. ;)

sjbell wrote:I've fallen in to the trap in the past of too any green veg and not enough starch and ended up with gut problems so any tips to help portion control?

I would recommend reading this article on how to fine tune calorie density.

http://www.jeffnovick.com/RD/Articles/E ... nsity.html

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Return to Jeff Novick, RD