My Favorite Threads

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

My Favorite Threads

Postby JeffN » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:48 am

Greetings Everyone,

The following threads are some of my favorites and contain important information to understanding this program and my approach to it. I highly recommend you read them.

A Simple Nutritious & Affordable Plan (SNAP)
viewtopic.php?t=10519

Healthy Packaged Foods
viewtopic.php?t=10254

Quick Recipes (With Pictures)
viewtopic.php?t=7168

Simple, Easy & Starch Based
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15014

Fine Tuning The MWL and Calorie Density Programs
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27290

Triage Your Health Efforts: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
viewtopic.php?t=7875

10 Secrets To Success
viewtopic.php?t=12425

Top 10 reasons for failure to follow program?
viewtopic.php?t=8316

Nutrition Education: Finding The Best Path
viewtopic.php?t=5825

Frequency of Meals/Eating Between Meals
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=26337

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Re: My Favorite Threads

Postby shell-belle » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Reading old threads today and can not recall where I read this excellent info which was posted by Jeff:
Eat whole plant foods, base the majority of your caloric intake on unrefined/unprocessed starches, avoid animal products, added oils and/or fats, limit high fat plant foods (nuts, seeds, avocados), avoid excess sugar and salt, and control weight by adjusting the amount of green and yellow vegetables that you combine with your whole starches. Ensure regular and adequate sunshine and if vegan, take some B12 and maintain a moderately active lifestyle. That is about it.

Can anyone please give me the link to where this was originally posted...?
Thanks,
Shelley
shell-belle

Postby JeffN » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:11 am

shell-belle wrote:Reading old threads today and can not recall where I read this excellent info which was posted by Jeff:
Eat whole plant foods, base the majority of your caloric intake on unrefined/unprocessed starches, avoid animal products, added oils and/or fats, limit high fat plant foods (nuts, seeds, avocados), avoid excess sugar and salt, and control weight by adjusting the amount of green and yellow vegetables that you combine with your whole starches. Ensure regular and adequate sunshine and if vegan, take some B12 and maintain a moderately active lifestyle. That is about it.

Can anyone please give me the link to where this was originally posted...?
Thanks,
Shelley

Here you go

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15014#p139237
JeffN

Postby moonlight » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:00 am

Thank you, Jeff, for compiling your top 10 list of favorite threads. I am confident that reading them will be very helpful. I recently watched your calorie density lecture for about the third or fourth time. Each time I have a new take-away message that supports my efforts to fine tune my diet plan. I look forward to going through this list. Sometimes I fail so miserably but I’m inspired by finding something on this website that helps me get back on track. Cheers to a McDougall compliant 2019!!
moonlight

Return to Jeff Novick, RD