- Health and Science
- The Free Program
- McDougall Newsletter
- Success Stories
- Search »
Join Dr. McDougall along with fellow McDougallers in lively discussions and share your opinions.
When we were kids we sang "There once was a man named Michael Finnegan, he had whiskers on his chin-agin...along came the wind and blew them in agin...poor old Michael Finnegan...Begin agin."
Enough said...Begin Agin.
JeffN wrote:With the New Year here and everyone making fresh new resolutions, I thought I would bump this thread to the top and make it a sticky for a few weeks.
if you are looking to fine tune your program or wondering why you may be struggling or not seeing the results you would like to as quickly as you would like, you may want to review these points.
I have updated them and added in a few new ones.
1) Poor Adherence/compliance. Sometimes from lack of application and sometimes from lack of understanding of the principles.
2) Misdirection of focus/priorities. Focusing on matters that don't really effect your health while not focusing on the ones that do.
3) Minimizing/Rationalizing the effect of certain behaviors and/or personal preferences, **especially in regard to certain foods**.
4) Too many processed/refined and/or calorie dense foods, especially those that are marketing as being "healthy."
5) Not understanding the difference between something that is "allowed" on occasion in small quantities, and something that is "recommended."
6) Inadequate exercise/activity
7) Not planning ahead. If you do not plan ahead for success, you will most likely not find it.
8 ) Time. Healing and results take time and for some of us, it may take a little longer than we hope.
9) Mcdougall "Plus" - This is where you mix the principles taught here with other principles you have read or learned somewhere else that are in conflict with the principles recommended here. While there are some program that are very much inline with these principles (ie, Esselstyn, etc) most are not.
Wishing you all the best of health in 2009.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest