Peacebloom's bits and bobs

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Peacebloom's bits and bobs

Postby Peacebloom » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:17 pm

Good evening folks.

I am a new lurker (now former lurker) who is going to try a hand at keeping a journal while I transform my eating habits. I have done a fair bit of reading in these forums as well as the main part of the site. Talk about information!

The reading I have done so far gives me a sense of comfort when I think about food now. And not in the way I am used to thinking about my food. I am looking forward to finally having food be fuel for my body and not fuel for an addiction.

Really brief info. I am a long standing vegetarian. I have been off eggs for quite some time. My tastes have been naturally moving away from dairy as well.

I feel ready for change.
Peacebloom

Re: Peacebloom's bits and bobs

Postby Peacebloom » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:12 am

Thanks debbie. :)

Game plan thus far. Regular plan until beginning of November. I do know that the MWL plan is a faster option. I know me though. Too fast out of the gate won't do.

The simplest of tasks are often the most difficult.

So there is the start of something all together life changing. Huh.
Peacebloom

Postby LauraLee » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:04 am

Peacebloom wrote:Really brief info. I am a long standing vegetarian. I have been off eggs for quite some time. My tastes have been naturally moving away from dairy as well.

Hi Peacebloom! I have just started, as well, although I first logged on to the site back in 2009. My biggest problem was moving away from the dairy. But, now that I am fully onboard, it hasn't been that much of a problem.

Here's to becoming transformed, together! Best to you! :)
LauraLee

Postby Peacebloom » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Good day to everyone!

Yes LauraLee! A transformation! That's it. :-D

And because I don't think the format wheel needs reinventing ...

B - steel cut oats
L - Vietnamese salad rolls with noodles, lettuce, carrot, red pepper, cuke with hoisin dipping sauce
D - potato/chickpea curry with homemade roti, cuke/red pepper slices

S - apple and/or banana

I am intrigued about the no processed thread that is currently underway. After a few weeks of regular plan I reckon I might challenge myself with such an endeavour. Perhaps a Mary's mini to kick it off. Hmmm ... we shall see! Looking forward to the planning though!

Hope everyone is having as amazing of a day as they can. :-)
Peacebloom

Postby LauraLee » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:32 am

Peacebloom wrote:I am intrigued about the no processed thread that is currently underway. After a few weeks of regular plan I reckon I might challenge myself with such an endeavour. Perhaps a Mary's mini to kick it off. Hmmm ... we shall see! Looking forward to the planning though!

Peacebloom ~ I like the planning of my meals as well. It is fun to look over the many recipes and come up with new meals to eat.

I have decided to start Mary's 10-day mini on 10-10-10. (Seemed appropriate to start a 10-day plan on 10-10-10! :-D )

My starch will be sweet potatoes and I have already looked over all the recipes to come up with my meals and made my shopping list for this weekend. I'm excited to see the results after 10 days.

Here's to a great weekend! It is supposed to be great weather in my area, so I will be outside doing yardwork! :cool:
LauraLee

Postby Peacebloom » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:48 am

Well yesterday the meals didn't quite work out as planned but did work in terms adherence. I ended up missing lunch (not intentionally, just got involved elsewhere than the kitchen!) so made a couple of extra salad rolls for dinner. Which means there is still curry for today! Yay!

Today's plan:

B - banana, brown rice congee
L - Vietnamese salad rolls (noodles, lettuce, carrot, cuke, red pepper) with chili garlic dipping sauce
D - potato/chickpea curry with homemade roti, red pepper/cuke slices

Organizing and planning is fun isn't it? Your mini start date is an amusing choice! I get so easily distracted with such comments that I was contemplating changing my own plan for the heck of it! Hee hee. But I have returned to my senses and will look at doing a mini at the beginning of November.

I feel good today. I really feel I have started a journey that is going to last the rest of my life. What joy!

Enjoy the weekend everyone and an early Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians. :-)
Peacebloom

Postby Peacebloom » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:34 am

I have to admit that I love to plan but sometimes I fail at the execution. So yesterday I ended up eating the curry for lunch and as a result I messed up on dinner. I didn't feel like putting together the salad rolls so wound up eating off plan. With that said, I am not going to beat myself up over it (something I reckon most of us are good at when it comes to food choices) but treat it as simply a learning step and move forward.

One step at a time. That's how journeys progress. And since this is a journey, the next step is potatoes! :nod: In other words ... breakfast!

B - potatoes
L - Salad rolls (as per yesterday)
D -

The fact that dinner remains unplanned at the moment is not going to a reason to eat off plan (yes I am reinforcing that to myself as I type ... and yes it feels odd to type that ... heh).

We have another beautiful cloudy day here! So glad fall seems to have arrived! Hope everyone is enjoying their day. :)
Peacebloom

Postby Peacebloom » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:46 pm

I am thrilled! I just made the shredded (fresh) potato waffles I have been reading about in different threads. Holy yum! And easy peasy!

It really is about the little things isn't it? Hee hee ... well that was all! :-)
Peacebloom

Postby LauraLee » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Peacebloom wrote:I am thrilled! I just made the shredded (fresh) potato waffles I have been reading about in different threads. Holy yum! And easy peasy!

It really is about the little things isn't it? Hee hee ... well that was all! :-)

Isn't it great to try these new recipes and know that, not only are the good for you, they taste great! I really wonder, now, why I clung to my bad eating habits for so long. It is "all about the little things"....I agree! Have a great week! :)
LauraLee

Postby Peacebloom » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Quickie post tonight. Potato waffles are a bit of a theme at the moment and that's really all there is to say about that! Yum!

Well I also did have a couple of bananas and carrots. Hee!

Perfectly fine day all in all. :nod:
Peacebloom

Postby Peacebloom » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Not all tools are useful to everyone on their journey to better health. It turns out trying to keep an online journal is causing issues for me rather than assisting so this is my last journal entry but not my last post! ;-)
Peacebloom

Postby nomikins » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:31 am

Just keep on the program and post an update on your progress now and again! :-D
nomikins

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning