Gastric Bypass Surgery

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Gastric Bypass Surgery

Postby dennyb » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:33 pm

I'm sorry if this is duplicate posting. I'm new to this site. My question is, Can a person who has had gastric bypass surgery be healthy and successful using Dr. McDougall's diet plan?
dennyb

Re: Gastric Bypass Surgery

Postby kirstykay » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:07 pm

This is the healthiest diet on the planet, so I think it could only improve your health to eat this way. That being said, I think there may be some things you would need to "tweek," like the amounts you eat at any given time. I have no idea. I think you would be well served to post this question on the Dr. thread, or maybe on Jeff Novick's thread. If all else fails, people have had success emailing Dr. McDougall directly if they can't find answers to their questions on the regular boards.
Maybe others who have more knowledge about this than I do will answer. Best of luck to you.
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:17 pm

There is a Star McDougaller who had some type of weight loss surgery and then gained his weight back, then became a McDougaller. Click on the "star mcdougallers" above in the lighter orange bar.
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:56 pm

hi denny

are you gaining weight back? Or just had it, still keeping it off, and want to stay that way?

I think you've come to the EXACT right place, for support, encouragement, cheer, rooting on, and the occasional "butt kick" if you need it. ;-)

hopefully you'll find your answers.

blessings, Heidi
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning