Veggielou's Journal

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Veggielou's Journal

Postby veggielou » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:05 pm

Today has been great. Ate as planned. Will be following the regular plan,just trying to keep bread and ww pasta's to a minimal. Will work on this until the 8th of Sept then revaluate. Would like to be down 10 pounds by then and more important see drop in BP. If not will probably do MWL. I didn't get in any exercise today, which I feel is really important if I want to acheive my goal.
A little bit about me I am probable the oldest person on the board. 73. Weighing in at 180, Height 5'3" so I have a ways to go .

veggielou

Re: Veggielou's Journal

Postby sksamboots » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:23 pm

I don't think your the oldest....Glad your here :nod:
sksamboots

Postby willing2believe » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Veggielou- glad your here. The support is great.
[/url]
willing2believe

Postby Loveskale » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:37 pm

Welcome Veggielou!
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby veggielou » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks everyone for stopping by. Today went well. Still one banana muffin left in the kitchen. Hopefully my skinny DH will eat it tomorrow,if not here comes the trash. It is really refreshing to know I will be posting here. It kept me from the evil muffin.
Till tomorrow. Veggielou :-D
veggielou

Postby willing2believe » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:16 pm

The trash can is a great place for food that "talks" too much. Great job with the muffin.

Lisa
[/url]
willing2believe

Postby bunsofaluminum » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:17 pm

Hi veggielou

welcome! This is the place to be if you want encouragement and stamina for the long haul. You are about the same as my mom: 73 yoa, about the same height (she may be 5'4") and weighing 180 lbs. But she won't give up her meat, and she LOVES dipping things in Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing :-) so she loses 25 lbs here, and gains it there, then loses it again...

wish I could talk her into trying this! woot! You'll do just fine :nod:
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby veggielou » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:00 pm

Thanks to all who dropped by,wish I could offer you a cup of tea.
Am doing well today. Last muffin gone. Made small (oval corningware dish) fresh peach pie for skinny DH. It is all gone and he won't gain an oz. So I did fine just eating a peach.So good.

Bunsof aluminum yes I am a little shorter than you mother. You mentioned her losing and gaining, that is what I don't want to do. A few years ago I weighed 250 got down to 135 and over the years have let 45 creep on again. Time to get my mind in it right gear and I feel I have. Hopeful your Mom will see the light.
veggielou

Postby veggielou » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Doing well, except for the hot weather 102. Eating on plan, still need to add some exercise. I keep putting it off and I know it is very important. For me to reach my goal I must add it.
veggielou

Postby veggielou » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Aug 12- Doing fine. Feeling better every day. I think the little sugar I was consuming was zapping my energy. Looking forward to the next few weeks to see if I have to adhere to MWL or can use regular plan in order to acheive my goals.

Till tomorrow
veggielou

Postby willing2believe » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:23 pm

veggielou wrote:Doing well, except for the hot weather 102. Eating on plan, still need to add some exercise. I keep putting it off and I know it is very important. For me to reach my goal I must add it.

It's miserably hot here too. Hard to get in the exercise when you just want to stay in the AC.

Lisa
[/url]
willing2believe

Postby veggielou » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:26 pm

T hanks for stopping by Willing. Still very hot and humid . Should be cooler Sun. Nothing exciting going on. Grocery shopping very early this morning before to hot. So lots of veggies and fruit, with the garden and shopping. Feeling good and staying on plan. Till tomorrow.
veggielou

Postby veggielou » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:06 pm

Tired today,I think it is just the endless days and nights of heat. Took a nap now feel alive. As for food, well 1 goof. Will report it in Roberta's Corner. Tomorrow is another day.
veggielou

Postby sksamboots » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:22 pm

You sound good. keep on keepin on :nod:
sksamboots

Postby willing2believe » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Good for reporting your goof. They happen and it's better to acknowledge them.

Lisa
[/url]
willing2believe

Next

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning