Lisa's willing to believe

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Lisa's willing to believe

Postby Anna Green » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Lisa, just stopping by to say hello and catch up on your journal. You have me wondering if I too am more satisfied with whole foods. I'll have to pay attention since that is mostly what I want to be eating as well. Good work on the planning.
Anna Green

Postby willing2believe » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:17 pm

Ok, So I've been gone for a while and that has been a problem. I slowly started easing up with my food and the last 5 days have been really bad. I realized that 3 days ago but decided not to change anything because my birthday was coming up. Well, it is tomorrow, I finally decided if I was going to use it as an excuse I would celebrate it today so I did. Now, tomorrow I turn 45 and will stick to this new lifestyle.

I think part of my problem is I was looking at this as a diet and when my weight loss slowed down (yes I was weighing daily) I sabotaged myself. So, now I realize this has to be looked at simply as my how I eat. As I have been told in the past, I am responsible for the actions I take; I have no control over the results. So I will weigh only monthly.

Some changed actions I am going to take-
1- for the month of September I am not going to eat out. Even if I know I can do it according to plan (one possible exception to this- my 93 year old grandmother is in hospice and not doing well, if she dies I will be out of town for 3-4 days and fixing all meals in may be hard in which case I will eat out and do the best I can).

2-I will log in to this journal daily. One obstacle to that is I do not get on the computer daily and it is awkward to do an entire post from my phone. In that case I will at least log my food and a one word mood descriptor from my phone.

3- I will eat the food I already have in the house before I buy more (except for fruit as I currently have none in the house). Number 1 will help with that considerably. It is getting expensive to buy lots of healthy perishables and then eat out instead.

4- I will exercise every day that my training program calls for exercise.

Ok- so that is my plan. I want to make it to 93 like my grandmother has but I want my last 5 years to be much healthier and more mobile than hers has and I am not currently moving in that direction.

So... Here's to my new lifestyle

Lisa
[/url]
willing2believe

Postby janluvs2heel » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi Lisa,
So glad to see you are back. Happy Birthday!! My birthday was 9-2. I am a "little" older than you but hey, you are as young as you feel, right?

We have been trained to think we have to be on diets. Then when we lose some weight or not, we stop the diet & go back to our old ways. That is why this is so great, it isn't a diet, it is a lifestyle. When people ask me how I can eat like that I tell them because I feel so much better when I do. They look at me like I am crazy but oh, well.

Welcome back.

Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby willing2believe » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:01 pm

B-breakfast burrito. Slice of cake( the rest of the cake is now in the trash.
L- couscous salad with cranberries, currants, and butternut squash.
D- black bean burger
[/url]
willing2believe

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:32 am

mmm, that couscous salad sounds pretty scrumptious! I am putting couscous on my grocery list :nod: LOVE the stuff.

keep on going...congrats on tossing that cake THAT was the right thing to do :lol:

blessings, Heidi
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby willing2believe » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:29 pm

B-brown rice, banana
L-black bean burrito
D-brown rice, roasted Brussels sprouts

Mood- very tired
[/url]
willing2believe

Postby willing2believe » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:03 pm

B-breakfast burrito
L-baked potato with barbecue sauce, green beans, steamed broccoli
D- black bean burger
[/url]
willing2believe

Postby Anna Green » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:49 am

You made a plan and it looks like you are doing it. Good work! Inspiring.
Anna Green

Postby willing2believe » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Thanks for the support Anna and Debbie. You know Anna, after reading your post I went back to re-read mine with the commitments I made. To be honest- not doing so good. Now, I am doing much better with sticking with the primarily whole foods, plant/starch based diet...but, the eating out and exercising :roll: . I am feeling better every day so hopefully I will get back to that soon.

It just amazed me how quickly my IBS symptoms and energy improved with this way of eating and how quickly they went away with 5 days of eating off plan. Luckily they are improving again. Now if I could just fall asleep at nights. I am natually a morning person and in bed early (my alarm goes off at 5am). The last 3-4 days I have been up way past 10 (boy doesn't that make me sound old :oops: ) and dragging in the morning. My walking partner had to stop due to bad knees so I will move my walking to the morning and see if that helps.

So- today
B- breakfast burrito
L- black bean burrito
S- veggie sushi
D- brown rice with broccoli.

Lisa
[/url]
willing2believe

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals