Caroveggie's 5K Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby sksamboots » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Where are you???I miss you. Come back to your daily post. :-D
sksamboots

Postby Caroveggie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:46 pm

ah, thanks for missing me. :)

Sorry I haven't visited for a while. Not having a definite goal like before made it easy to slip away and isolate myself, which I don't think was good for me, and I miss you folks too.

I thought I'd drop in and reconnect. I'll have to do some catching up on some of the journals. I think I might just try being a daily poster as my next goal, just to keep track of eating and exercise and keep myself pointed in the direction of healthy habits. Not to mention the inspiration and support from reading other's journals.

As for today, I only did some walking (looking for a restaurant) and some jogging, just because I felt like it. Nothing too strenuous, just a little jogging while I was getting around downtown. My body is definitely feeling like it wants to start working out again.

I think I'd like to take some yoga now. I'll have to see what's out there at my Y. I also liked the boot camp class, think I'll get back into that too.

Tomorrow I have jury duty. I'm excited! Yes, I get excited about getting to be on a jury. Possibly.

I hope everyone's doing well. Happy McDougalling.
Caroveggie

Postby sksamboots » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:57 pm

Yay, I'm glad your going to come and post daily, makes me happy :-D I thought about taking yoga, let me know how it goes. Glad your back :)
sksamboots

Postby Caroveggie » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:34 pm

Today I had jury duty, which was just waiting around until they let you go home. So instead of going to the gym, I went to an art store for a friend's gift and then ate and walked and bused home. I walked through the park, so that was a ways, but I still haven't had a really good workout.
Caroveggie

Postby sksamboots » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:41 pm

walking is great! keep on keepin on :)
sksamboots

Postby Caroveggie » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:01 am

thanks sksamboots for your support and encouragement. It means a lot to me that you cared enough to bug me when I fell off the face of the earth. I guess everyone has their ups and downs, but thank you for bringing me back up. :)

overall today kinda sucked exercise and eating-wise. I went to a class (not exercise) after work and before that had yummy (and oily) Thai. Just going with convenience and yumminess. Only a minimum of walking today. So already I have stuff I need to work on.

I looked up the classes at my YMCA. Since I'd like to take a yoga that really emphasizes stretching, I'm going to wait for the stretching yoga which is on Thursday. Tomorrow after work I might catch the cardio kick class. Hope that's a good workout. Last time I took it I was an uncoordinated mess. But practice makes le perfect.

I am realizing it takes an effort to continue healthy habits once you start them, and it's much easier when you have a goal in sight. I'm going to try to keep my daily post goal in mind so I can maintain a consistent effort over here. This would also involve not eating out as much, which will save me money. And planning healthy meals ahead of time.

I hope everyone is doing well and wish everyone happy McDougalling! Which I will get back to promptly!
Caroveggie

Postby Caroveggie » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:28 am

I forgot to mention I am re-reading the book Anticancer. What an eye-opening book. I highly recommend it. I'm just getting into the sciencey parts where he starts explaining how cancer cells grow in the body and what works to stop them. Basically we have the answer here with this diet. But it's very interesting to learn it all. Again. I'm really enjoying it, it's good writing. Anyway, good night for now. I'm tired.
Caroveggie

Postby Caroveggie » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:24 pm

well the only productive McDougallish thing I did today was breakfast and lunch, some walking, and reading Anticancer some more.

It's cold out these days which makes my teeny little will unwilling to get to the gym. So I passed on the kicking class. Tomorrow there's still hope for yoga though.
Caroveggie

Postby sksamboots » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:54 pm

I understand. I was supposed to work-out after work today but instead came home and took a hot shower and bundled up under the covers. lol. Your right, there is always tomorrow :)
sksamboots

Postby Caroveggie » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:49 am

ah, thank you for your understanding. Today I'm going to try harder to eat better and get to the gym, even if it's only for the stretch yoga class. I think it'll help get me more centered.

Breakfast hasn't started out that great though. I had a little oatmeal with just brown sugar instead of banana (they were overripe) and some soy chai tea. The chai tea is really sweet though, not the best choice. I'll try to be healthier with my next meals.

Happy Thursday!
Caroveggie

Postby sksamboots » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:58 am

I love me some Chai Tea!! I've been avoiding it now for over 20 days and it's the hardest thing to avoid. I really really love them--that much. But I know it's just sugar and more sugar. lol or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Your doing so great!!! Keep it up lady :-D
sksamboots

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:31 pm

oh! good to see you here! I thought it had been a long time between posts. You ran the 5K, then?

did you post about that and I missed it?

how did it go, anyway. and what are you planning for next?
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Caroveggie » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:42 pm

hello my visitors! Thank you for stopping by :)

yes, I ran the 5K and I did it in 36 minutes. I wrote about it, it's somewhere back there. Basically I got overheated but I kept on, didn't have to walk except in the first part which was really slow and crowded, so there was no choice because of lack of room. That was my goal - just jog/run the thing. Towards the end especially was hard because I was getting tired and overheated. It's not as calm as running alone without a group, sort of missed that, but I think it would've been more fun if I'd had a friend running with me. The atmosphere was exciting though.

As for today, let's see. The chai in the morning was not the best choice. Had an ok breakfast. Little bit of oil on the kale salad I get from Whole Foods, but it was a small part of my meal (brown rice, the kale, some broccoli... and chickpeas.)

Right now I'm having chickpeas and diced tomatoes with curry powder and roti bread. Really yummy and I make it myself (except the roti, I buy that) so it's cheap too.

I did make it to the stretching yoga class. Rather tame but I guess good for the body. There was another yoga class afterwards but I just wanted to get home to eat.

I walked a good deal of the way home.

Now, as for the next exercise goal, I haven't committed myself to anything. I'm still wanting to browse some more classes. Also I have a roommate who's a modern dancer and my other roommate took a modern dance class and I think that'd be fun to try. I never thought I liked modern dance too much (never really thought about it) but watching my dancer roommate dance is really inspiring. So I'm thinking of taking a modern dance class maybe. I gotta start paying attention to my money more though, since I had the bad habit of eating out way too much lately.

So I'll keep ya posted.

Happy McDougalling :-D
Caroveggie

Postby Caroveggie » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:46 pm

Missed a few days :oops:

Yesterday I biked a little and other than that, just walking. Eating vegan but could be healthier. Rather cold out lately.

Today I'm going to eat Indian, hit the library, and then back home, possibly have dinner with fam I can't see on Thanksgiving because I'll be out of state.

Looking forward to the boot camp class on Tuesday night, if I can make it to it.
Caroveggie

Postby sksamboots » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:55 pm

mm, I think I'm having Indian food for my Thanksgiving treat. I love me some Byrani vegetable rice! It's so good. Your doing great on the exercise, keep on keepin on :)
sksamboots

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals