Caroveggie's 5K Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Caroveggie's 5K Journal

Postby seestorcoo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:23 am

Hi there! Yum, cherries sound good! I know that its not the current cool thing to eat produce grown around the world in the winter but dangit, I'm happy to live in an era that gives me cherries and bananas in January.

Yea for all that exercise! Does it help energize you?

Have a great day.
If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits.
seestorcoo

hi

Postby Caroveggie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:58 am

hi and thanks for stopping by!

Yes, I love cherries although the first day I'd gotten the organic which were great and the second day the only ones that looked good were the "normal" not organic ones. Well that was yesterday and today I've had nothing but rumbly tummy. Which might also be from all the chickpeas I've been eating. But at any rate, I blame the non-organic cherries. They're probably all out of cherries now since they only had a few bags. They were $9.99 a pound! But not that many in the bag. But like I said, I'm only getting organic now unless it's cherry season, since this tummy really hurts!

As for biking, I've really been enjoying it except it can be a little cold. Luckily I have really good gloves now at least. But my head gets cold since I wear a helmet and thus no hat or hood.

Today I didn't bike because I have a night class but it began pouring rain anyways, so that kinda worked out that I was driving. But I do miss the exercise, which is kinda funny. I felt the difference today. My body wanted to move more. I'm not sure if the biking would've helped my digestion. I hope I feel better tomorrow. I really feel I need to exercise more and also start watching my food choices since it can be easy for me to slip up sometimes.

The Bar Method DVD was pretty intense, but it doesn't feel aerobic. It's something like little tough ballet moves. I kinda like more active stuff but it does feel like a good workout, and I get to be in my nice warm room, not somewhere chilly.

Tomorrow I'm back to biking unless the sky is still in downpour mode. Then I might bring my warm sweats to the gym and attempt to actually get my money's worth from the good ol' YMCA this winter.

Hope everyone is enjoying their respective McDougall winters. I'm really going to try harder to stick with the health principles I've learned. I'd like to make some progress developing actual tone.

Anyway, it's really late, that's why I'm kinda rambly. Night night.
Caroveggie

Postby sksamboots » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:04 pm

I'm glad your here and posting, figuring out what works for you. That's all we can do. Keep on keepin on :D
sksamboots

Postby Caroveggie » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:23 pm

well, confession, I had pizza at work, real pizza, with cheese, and of course today I woke up with phlegm in my throat. motivation enough to quit the cheese!

I had a craving for Kix so I had that for breakfast. I think I need to work a bit more on planning out some healthy meals. I tend to fall back on chickpeas a lot, but woman cannot live on chickpeas alone.

I don't like oatmeal too much so I need to think this out.

Also, at work, I've been getting a salad a lot from Whole Foods, but it does have flax seed oil and avocado chunks in it. So I think Monday I'm going to experiment and maybe try to make my own dressing to have on hand at work so I won't be tempted to get the kale salad again.

As for exercising, I have been biking to work pretty regularly, except when my car is in danger of a ticket or when I had the class. But I feel I need something more since my arms aren't getting much of a workout. I'm going to check out the YMCA offerings this week and maybe pop in there again.

So darn chilly around here, even with the sun out. I'm really a summer person.

Next time I post I want to have some real concrete progress to talk about, as in eating healthy and getting enough exercise!
Caroveggie

Postby sksamboots » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Welp, your foods still sound yummy!! Lots of exercising for you too. Keep on keepin on :-D
sksamboots

Postby Caroveggie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:38 am

Today I subsisted on cough drops, cough syrup, and 1 of Dr. McDougall's soup cups (Ramen flavor... the closest they had to chicken soup at Walgreens). I drove to work 1) because of the pouring rain and 2) I had my night class tonight.

Tomorrow I plan on eating healthy if my throat feels better. If not it'll be the same round of chamomile tea, cough drops, and cough syrup, and possibly soup. Also, I'd like to exercise some so if it's not raining too much I might bike to work if I'm feeling up to it. I also got a Taebo DVD which I'd like to try out. There are 4 workouts on it. I'd like to get up to the level of the 45 minutes one, which sounds like it's fast-paced and short enough to fit in after work/dinner.
Caroveggie

Postby sksamboots » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:46 am

Hope you feel better. Take it easy :)
sksamboots

Postby Caroveggie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Thanks. I also completely forgot that I had Thai last night. It was before class.

Today I'm happy to report I ate pretty healthy. I'd say the only "bad" stuff was sugary cough drops. But I had one Dr. McDougall's Hot & Sour soup cup (didn't really like so didn't finish), brown rice & broccoli & a banana for lunch, and fingerling potatoes with garlic salt and cherries and later some Amy's fat-free veggie soup for dinner.

My throat is still a little sore and the sniffles remain but at least I'm feeling more positive now. The rain is another damper. It's easier for me to bike/walk when it's not cold and pouring out. But overall I'm feeling better.

Tomorrow I gotta remember to take some of my food around here to work. I have a bunch of Cutie oranges which are usually good and that should help fight my cold, hopefully. Also the fingerling potatoes are pretty yummy and I might as well use up what I've got rather than keep spending money. I hope this rain lets up. Then I can bike...

Off to check the weather forecast.
Caroveggie

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:45 pm

feel like I live in Lake Quartzsite....roads are closed...it sucks! It's bad in California also! Been in here with no generator since 6:00 am....won't say how healthy I am eating...I just grab and eat! I did have oatmeal with banana and blueberry this morning and some hot and sour soup....not McD but not too bad for lunch. dinner...who knows?
ncyg46

Resuscitating my journalling

Postby Caroveggie » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Hi everyone :)

I have been on quite a journey in many areas of my life since I last wrote. Health-wise I haven't been doing well. Too much restaurant food and lax about McDougall rules. Time to get back on track, get consistent, and reconnect with my fellow McDougallers.

My running is not where it should be thanks to stupid eating habits and a long period of no running at all. I feel and look better when I'm in shape and running well and following MWL program (good, clean energy.)

I signed up for a 5K ( http://www.komensf.org ) which is happening soon. Dealing with muscle soreness but I'll do my best.

I want to run a marathon when I'm ready. I intend to improve my running both in quality and distance by following the MWL program and by "Chi" running" ( http://www.chirunning.com/shop/home.php ) which is running focused on technique, proper form, and feel. I have to watch the hills since it can be easy to injure myself by doing too much too soon. The Chi running book I got has been very helpful.

Hmm... :\

Since I'm working toward a marathon I'll start a new journal for that and link this to it if I can. It'll be called:

Caroveggie's Marathon Journal
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18755

Dear 5K journal, I bid you adieu. See everyone at the link above.
:cool:
Caroveggie

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals