Welcome (back) to the McDougall forum!
I don't come to the boards much. I used to go the VS ones, but these are much too time-consuming for me to go through here.
One solution to that problem is to:
- Make a list of the subjects you are interested in (such as arthritis or whatever).
- Pick one forum.
- Read only the posts on that forum and within your list of subjects.
If I tried to read every post in all forums everyday, I would go nuts.
Anyone have long-term success treating minor meniscal tears with physical therapy? Anyone use the Egoscue method for healing pain in their knee (using the book Pain Free)?
I have used Pete Egoscue's excellent book, Pain Free
, to eliminate pains in my foot, knees and hip area, but I did not have the condition you named. My problem was inflammation of tendons and muscles, or, in the case of knees, joint pain that originally came from a grittiness that was probably grains of acid (cured by my anti-itis subset of the McDougall diet: www.aristotleadventure.com/anti-itis/
I highly recommend Pain Free
for anyone who:
- Has less than perfect posture.
- Is prepared to read the intro chapters and appropriate instructional chapters very slowly and carefully.
- Is prepared to follow the appropriate instructions with exactness -- and every day.
The Egoscue program is like the McDougall program: It works very well -- when followed.