DC Restaurants

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

DC Restaurants

Postby Plumerias » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:50 pm

DH and I are scheduled to hit the Washington DC area tomorrow. I could use some thoughts on places to eat near the Smithsonian museums. Last time we were there we had lunch at the cafe area in the National Museum of the American Indian, but all I remember is that we could get plenty of vegetarian/vegan choices to fill us up. I know I can do plenty of picnic meals, but I just don't want to make him carry all that stuff every time we go on the Metro. Somewhere with a decent salad bar would be especially appreciated. Thanks all.
Plumerias

Re: DC Restaurants

Postby viv » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:56 am

I love the Cascade Cafe in the National Gallery of Art, It's a spectacular large space surrounded by the galleries containing the best art on the planet and right in front of a gorgeous indoor waterfall (the "cascade"). There is a self-serve salad bar and other side dishes you could pick and choose from. It's casual but elegant and once again the setting...it's just gorgeous. Have a wonderful stay!

Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Return to The Lounge