McDougall teachings saving tons of distraught

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

McDougall teachings saving tons of distraught

Postby Acura » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:04 am

Usually we don't realize the importance of something until you lose it. A friend of mine had quadruple bypass. It is disheartening to know what the patient and family has to go through.The surgery seems very high tech and miraculous but amount of messing around that goes on is simply mind boggling. What are the chances that everything goes smooth with so much tinkering with your heart? Post surgery recovery, bleeding, lifelong medications, check up visits, possible cognition impairment scares the hell out of me. Looking at all of this Dr McDougall and others who insist upon prevention is really doing God's work. I would not like anyone to go through this.
Last edited by Acura on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
CC
Acura

Re: McDougall teachings savings tons of distraught

Postby shell-belle » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:08 am

GREAT POST. I agree and I feel terrible for anyone who gets caught up in today's aggressive modern medical system.

Food is medicine.

Your body is what you eat.

You are your thoughts.

Thoughts can become biology.

Prevention is the ultimate intervention.

Healing is different from curing.

We are all composed of body, mind, emotions & spirit.

What is good for our health is good for the planet.

All of life is interconnected.

Internal peace leads to healing.
shell-belle

Re: McDougall teachings saving tons of distraught

Postby landog » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:34 am

Chimichanga wrote:...A friend of mine had quadruple bypass. ... I would not like anyone to go through this.

As most of my uncles died from heart attacks in their 40s, 50s and 60s, I once asked my doctor if I could schedule a bypass as a preventative measure.

I'm so glad that I'm here!!
landog

Postby Acura » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:32 am

And what did the doctor say?

Now a days they yank a lot of stuff. Like Gallbladder, you can run off of one kidney etc You don't need everything right? we got some extra parts. I wonder why no one has said, let's yank the heart out, you can live without it.
CC
Acura

Postby colonyofcells » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:47 pm

My guess is the free advice in the dr McDougall web site has already saved many lives. Pcrm is also doing a great job with its free programs online.
colonyofcells

Postby Acura » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:50 pm

If you wait till disease becomes full blown, then take corrective action, there can be some stats like X number of people joined Esselstyn program and out of that Y number survived for such and such period. There is never going to be a stat which will tells, how many people have been able to avert the freight train.
CC
Acura

Return to The Lounge