Domino's new pizza

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Domino's new pizza

Postby Breadman » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:02 am

Breadman

Re: Domino's new pizza

Postby dstewart » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:55 pm

I once had the idea (I still have it, I guess, because HERE IT IS!) of selling fried chicken batter at state fairs (where history proves people will eat anything deep fried). Not fried chicken, but just the deep-fried batter. More specifically, a variety of types of batters. There are all kinds of "best fried chicken ever!" to choose batters from: KFC's type of 7 herbs and spices, your grandma's, etc. The notion was to make something like fried chicken batter (no chicken) cookies.

As the guy on Man vs. Food would say, "Very starchy!" :lol:

And, as long as the buttermilk batters were left out, vegan too! (So you know it would be healthy!)

I think I'd become a rich man.
dstewart

Postby dteresa » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:01 am

sounds exactly like chicken parmesan. And this is new because? Oh. I get it. Some customers never heard of chicken parmesan.

didi
dteresa

Postby astronaut23 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:55 am

Sounds like the building blocks of atherosclerosis to me.
astronaut23

Postby Skip » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:36 pm

KFC has done extensive research and development on a much healthier product offering:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/04/ ... uble-down/

:crybaby:
"The fundamental principle of ethics is reverence for life" Albert Schweitzer
Skip

Postby astronaut23 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:52 pm

From the comments on the link Skip posted really?

Believe it or not, this sandwich is LESS fattening than anything with bread. Most of the sugar is in the filet breading, for a grand total of 11 grams of carbohydrate and 460 calories. If they offer the sandwich with grilled filets, there are only 3 grams of carbohydrate!

I'll never say processed and refined bread is better than whole unrefined plant foods but really? The problem with fast food is the bread? :lol:
astronaut23

Postby dteresa » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:47 pm

If you have the sandwich without the bread you save 32 calories. If you have the sandwich with the bread but without the bacon and cheese you save at least 200 calories. Possibly more. But bread is fattening. Not.

didi
dteresa

Return to The Lounge