unbelievable

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

unbelievable

Postby dteresa » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:19 am

In a Man vs Food video, the challenge was a ring of twelve brisket, cheese and latke stuffed slider sandwiches on challa bread with a half pound of deep fried onion rings in the center. The sandwiches were piled with the fatty meat, a slice of monterey jack cheese and a deep fried potato latke, a kind of small pancake which is made with egg, oil,potatoes, then deep fried. This was put on challa rolls which is a traditional egg bread.

The eating guy holds up one of these sliders and says---this is a starchy undertaking!! Towards the end of the video he holds up another sandwich and says look at all that starch. Unbelievable. No mention of the deep frying, the piles of fatty meat, the fat laden cheese, the fatty deep fried latke or the fat in the bread and deep fried onion rings. This man eats for a living but, like most of america knows nothing about the actual content of the food he is eating. He probably viewed the meat and cheese as protein and the latkes and onion rings as vegetables. Too bad all that starch made this a fattening meal.

didi
dteresa

Re: unbelievable

Postby Vegankit » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:54 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's entertainment, not education AND definitely not how to eat to stay healthy.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Postby AnnieMaim » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:11 am

My guess is that, in the battle of man vs. that particular food, the food will win.
AnnieMaim

Postby figlover » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:00 am

It's also because starch is so satiating that it's more difficult to overeat. Makes more sense to view it in that context. The rest is total perversion of the senses.
I forum here cause I have no where else to go.
figlover

Postby smudgemom » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:19 am

Man vs Food....that was Adam Richman. When his contract ended, he lost 60 pounds. He said, of course, leaving the show was a big factor with his weight loss. BUT, if you look at the Nathan's Hot Dog Campion, Takeru Kobayashi, he is bitty, lean & very muscular. Those "eating" folks are crazy. Can't imagine what their bathroom habits are....the next day! :shock:
smudgemom

Postby eXtremE » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:04 am

Yeah, I have posted here bf about the man vs food Tv episodes. I use to watch that show frequently before it finally ended. Adam Richman was literally eating himself to death (probably) but enjoying the hell out of himself while doing it. :D

@smudgemom, I did hear that he had lost considerable weight but I wonder what is he eating now? He was not ironically morbidly obese when he was doing that show. Like one of those big Python snakes, that guy use to eat enough food in one day to last him for the next 3-4 days......LOL
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Postby eXtremE » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:10 am

dteresa wrote:In a Man vs Food video, the challenge was a ring of twelve brisket, cheese and latke stuffed slider sandwiches on challa bread with a half pound of deep fried onion rings in the center. The sandwiches were piled with the fatty meat, a slice of monterey jack cheese and a deep fried potato latke, a kind of small pancake which is made with egg, oil,potatoes, then deep fried. This was put on challa rolls which is a traditional egg bread.

The eating guy holds up one of these sliders and says---this is a starchy undertaking!! Towards the end of the video he holds up another sandwich and says look at all that starch. Unbelievable. No mention of the deep frying, the piles of fatty meat, the fat laden cheese, the fatty deep fried latke or the fat in the bread and deep fried onion rings. This man eats for a living but, like most of america knows nothing about the actual content of the food he is eating. He probably viewed the meat and cheese as protein and the latkes and onion rings as vegetables. Too bad all that starch made this a fattening meal.

didi
Most ppl (IMO) secretly wish they could eat and drink like this all they wanted with no adverse health or weight gain repercussions, but it does not work that that unfortunately. Imagine eating whatever the hell you wanted and have it not adversely affect your health or waistline in anyway. Forget about sex...you could have an orgasm with food each and every day of your life. :D
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Postby petero » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:04 pm

IIRC Kobayashi trains with cabbage.
It's easy to be a naive idealist. It's easy to be a cynical realist. It's quite another thing to have no illusions and still hold the inner flame. -- Marie-Louise von Franz
petero

Postby veg tom » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:12 pm

You guys are 2 funny
A is A
veg tom

Return to The Lounge