Olive Oil okay to use?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Olive Oil okay to use?

Postby f1jim » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:28 pm

Just to play it safe I have removed the copyrighted material. The link works and can be used to find the text.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby ANGELOJ » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:42 pm

Katydid wrote:The point is, if someone were to switch from a SAD diet to Gary Null's version of WFPB, or Pritikin's or Fuhrman's or _________ they would dramatically LOWER their risk of heart disease, cancer and diabetes. That SHOULD be endorsed, even if not our version of the perfect diet.

Well said Katydid!

LynnCS wrote:Congratulations to our Dr. McDougall for getting so much said in such a small space. You're my hero. I get it, and I hope everyone else does too. GREAT GET!

Well said LynnCS

And high five to all the other folk on this thread that get it!
ANGELOJ

Postby MikeInFL » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:11 pm

Funny thing I heard on radio recently re oil. Radio show with rep from local utility co was giving public advice about using home electric and water utilities. A question was asked about what's ok to put in electric sink disposals? The answer from the rep was that it's best not to put any food scraps down the sink. They don't like food disposals at all.

But then the rep said especially no oils or fats down the sink!

Not a word about if oil and fat is ok to put in what is much more sensitive 'pipes' in the body. But it wasn't a health show (except for health of your homes pipes).
MikeInFL

Postby Joseph65 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Dr. McDougall endorses the book because he is listed as one of the authors. It would make sense to back your own book. I'm sure Mary came up with some of the recipes.
Joseph65

Previous

Return to The Lounge